Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 05 March 2008 22:37 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: stereo subs vs all around the room subs
I agree with you about stereo subs. One of my favorite implementations is a three-way speaker, with horn-loaded tweeter and midrange that goes down to nearly 100Hz. The woofers are only used up to ~200Hz, and are acoustically close to the midhorns. Ext...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 05 March 2008 22:09 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: stereo subs vs all around the room subs
Bass is omnidirectional unless the sound source is very large. The deal with room modes is interference between a reflected wave and the source, or between two reflected waves. It makes pockets of high and low energy throughout the room at frequencies b...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 05 March 2008 21:51 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Smoothing in Frequency response graphs
I've never really studied arrays, although I do like the concept very much. My focus has always been on point sources, both direct radiating and horns.I guess I may have kind of gone off on a tangent on the floor bounce thing, but we were talking about m...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 05 March 2008 17:56 «» By: Wayne Parham
I have more experience with point sources, but I have measured arrays too. One thing I noticed right away is the absence of the floor bounce notch. Any time I measure a tower speaker or a monitor on a stand, I see a notch from floor bounce. Arrays don'...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 18 February 2008 00:00 «» By: Wayne Parham
What's the best level of smoothing to use? What kind of measurements should be taken?Those are questions with a lot of right answers and a lot of wrong answers. There is no one right answer for each question, but there are a lot more wrong answers.For ...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 24 January 2008 20:53 «» By: Wayne Parham
Room gain, pressure region, modal region and reverberent region
The seven π bass bin is overdamped so it conjugates nicely with the bass lift from room gain and corner loading. See the charts below. The first one is the response of the cabinet if it were placed in free space. It is overdamped and has a gradual r...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 13 October 2007 12:03 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Playing around with CARA
The CARA models I've done have been different room sizes and shapes, and I use one, two and four subwoofers in various positions in the room. I haven't studied individual speakers so much as I've studied room modes using various subwoofer configurations....
8 Forum: Pro Sound «» Posted on: Fri, 05 October 2007 23:43 «» By: Wayne Parham
Group together outdoors, spread around indoors
The best placement for subs depends on where you are.If outdoors or in a very large indoor arena, group the subwoofers together. If you can keep them close enough together (within 1/4λ), they'll act as a single acoustic source.If indoors, spread them aro...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 03 October 2007 13:15 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: subs for small auditorium
A couple of subs come to mind: the three π and the four π subwoofer. The three π sub is a 12" woofer in a vented box and the four π sub is a 15" woofer in a vented box. You could also go with a four π-18, which is an 18" driver, but I don't think you'll...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 04 September 2007 19:59 «» By: Brad
Re: Cornerhorn too much?
WOW! Thank you.My room will be on a second floor, so hopefully I'll be able to find some way to deal with tht modes.Do the cornerhorn plans come with plans to make the little cabinet for the horn shown in the drawing on this page? http://www.pispeakers.co...
Pages (50): [ «    30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45    »]

Current Time: Tue Aug 13 08:18:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio