Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 15 February 2010 18:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Multiple Subwoofers
Multiple subs are the only way to go in my opinion. It's done more to smooth out room modes than to increase SPL. The idea is to place them around the room in different places so self-interference that is destructive from one sub is filled in by anothe...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 28 January 2010 19:10 «» By: Wayne Parham
JBL 2226 Usage
I meant to say this earlier, but then got busy with my morning things and just clicked "send". I wonder if what you're hearing (or missing) at low levels is a Fletcher-Munson thing. I could understand that, 'cause the deep bass needs more vol...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 21 January 2010 20:08 «» By: Wayne Parham
Information about π Speakers
I like the six π or seven π constant directivity cornerhorn speakers if the room has the right corners, or the three π or four π matched-directivity speakers if not. The eight π loudspeaker is sort of a budget hybrid model that also provides uniform dir...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 13 January 2010 21:25 «» By: Wayne Parham
Room Treatments
Those panel traps are probably the best thing you can do to tame room modes. You can't hurt yourself putting them on every wall. If you're lucky, framed drywall will come close, but even then, the extra damping won't hurt. They really help rooms with ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 08 January 2010 09:03 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 1-Pi/2-Pi
I don't build transmission lines, as I've always used Helmholtz resonance to tune the box instead of pipe modes. I designed the box with standard Helmholtz resonance formulas and then used Martin King's spreadsheets to verify that port and driver plac...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 28 December 2009 21:41 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 Pi and 7 Pi bass response- More similar or different?
Yes, you could do that. If the false wall is large enough it will work pretty well. My concern is it might be awkward, but maybe not. If it does prove awkward, you can always stick with four π speakers. You might try adding the midhorn on top...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 17 December 2009 09:44 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 Pi and 7 Pi bass response- More similar or different?
To me, they definitely sound more alike than different. All my speakers have basically the same tonal balance, and they're all designed to generate a uniform pattern. They all use the same tweeters and woofers, at least in "families" - three ...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 24 November 2009 14:28 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Going without a subwoofer.... even with smaller drivers?
I only scanned through his approach, so I may have missed some detail. But in general, I think he's using an overdamped vented alignment, one that gives a gradual rolloff, much like a sealed alignment. I'm cool with that, it's a very forgiving alignmen...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 11 November 2009 19:08 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: enclosure uni project, and ideas?
I would suggest four things: 1. Contact Martin King and see about getting his TL modeling software. He can be reached at www.quarter-wave.com. 2. Setup and learn acoustic measurement equipment, if you have not already done so. There are several...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 01 November 2009 21:43 «» By: Wayne Parham
Multisubs
Next step then (in my opinion) is to getcha some subs. I love the sound of my four π speakers even without subs, but adding them puts them really over the top. It's really about smoothing the response as much as it is about increasing extension. One...
Pages (50): [ «    22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37    »]

Current Time: Tue Aug 13 01:56:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio