Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Sun, 28 November 2010 16:11 «» By: Adveser
Re: Where To Learn More?
You can just google the following terms, which is how I learned: Room modes speaker Reflection/Refraction Room dampening speaker toeing speaker placement by the time you read all that you should run into just about everything. But remember, alway...
2 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Tue, 23 November 2010 10:39 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Acoustics and Aesthetics
Use two to four subs in different places in the room for best sound quality. In some rooms, two is enough, especially if the mains provide adequate bass too. The idea is to spread the sound sources around, to smooth room modes. You want multiple sound...
3 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Tue, 23 November 2010 08:21 «» By: Lancelot
This is the best advice but I think this is costly. How many subs would you recommend in order to have a good sound quality? Anyway, I watch movies at night and aesthetics doesn't matter to me anymore because the room is dark.
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 04 November 2010 10:02 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Advice needed for first timers
Honestly, the cabinets are very easy to build and materials aren't expensive, at least in America. The wood that's best to use is MDF, and that doesn't cost much. If the cabinets will be moved a lot or used in humid environments, I'd suggest baltic bir...
5 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Fri, 22 October 2010 12:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
Room treatments
Directional speakers will help a lot, as will multiple subs to help smooth room modes. Then again, garages are often pretty lively and they usually aren't built with any attention paid to soundproofing. Stuff tends to vibrate. Myself, I might be tem...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 05 October 2010 09:11 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: In wall or free standing?
Wall mounted speakers are monopoles, yes. You can mount the speaker any way you want to. Like I said in my last post, most purpose designed wall-mount speakers are very much like car speakers, using the wall itself as the baffle and the space behind th...
7 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Sat, 02 October 2010 01:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Speakers with controlled directivity can really help sound quality from 200Hz up, even in troublesome rooms. And multiple subs help smooth room modes, improving sound quality at lower frequencies. So some of the problems room acoustics give us can be a...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 31 August 2010 17:08 «» By: Wayne Parham
In-wall flush mounting
All of my speakers respond well to this kind of placement. They are all designed to be used in quarter-space or eighth-space, and I don't use baffle step compensation filters. My thinking has always been that the baffles are rather large, so the transi...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 21 July 2010 15:58 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Kilomax-18
You betcha. Put it in a 10ft3 cabinet tuned to 25Hz. It will actually work well in even larger boxes, up to 20ft3, if you have the space for a cabinet that large. Give it plenty of vent area, at least 50in2. That will work very well down low. Belo...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 27 June 2010 02:42 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: four π, seven π, multisubs
Multisubs improve the sound of any system, regardless of the quality of the mains. I would rather have four π speakers with multisubs than seven π speakers without. Of course, I'd rather have seven π speakers with multisubs, given the right room layout...
Pages (50): [ «    19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 20:44:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio