Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 01 March 2012 14:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: High-pass on the 4pi?
I prefer second-order for flanking subs, low-passed between 80Hz and 120Hz. This assumes the subs will be within a few feet from the mains, as described in the Speaker placement and wavefront launch and room modes, multisubs and flanking subs threads. ...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 29 February 2012 14:08 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: High-pass on the 4pi?
High-pass at the Helmholtz frequency of the mains. The multisub configuration is not limited to direct radiators, but can be employed with hornsubs as well. Delay on the mains is really used to match the acoustic centers, to compensate for the extra de...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 24 February 2012 18:31 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Surround Sound With TV Over Fireplace
Don't put the mains on top of flanking subs because that defeats the purpose. They need to be a few feet behind, below and beside the mains. Each flanking subs needs to be between the main speaker it's flanking and the nearest boundaries, in all three ...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 24 February 2012 13:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Surround Sound With TV Over Fireplace
A few thoughts, starting with some basic concepts: High-Fidelity Uniform-Directivity Loudspeakers Room modes, multisubs and flanking subsAbout wives and sound, I actually think most wives care about sound as much or more than their husbands. It's just...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 24 February 2012 12:47 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Midrange Horn
I designed one, but it's really too large for home hifi use. Especially since corner placement allows for a much smaller horn to be used. That's the direction I went with the midhorn - It is used on my constant directivity cornerhorns, and its output b...
6 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Wed, 15 February 2012 15:43 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: How do I keep deep bass from the neighbors?
The good news about being upstairs in a traditional North American framed home is that the rooms are naturally damped somewhat. There are no rigid surfaces on any side, so all become panel absorbers, of sorts. The walls and ceiling are drywall, which a...
7 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Thu, 09 February 2012 19:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: How do I keep deep bass from the neighbors?
The way to do it is to use panel absorbers surrounded by a thick, solid set of walls. The panel absorbers form inner walls which absorb energy. This both attenuates sound going out and damps standing waves, smoothing room modes. The outer walls block ...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 08 February 2012 09:49 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Need help on 4Pi speakers
Answers by numbers: 1. These speakers sound good even in very small rooms. I've had a pair in a small bedroom for years, and they sound great. It's also the size of the rooms at trade shows, which are less than ideal, of course, but our room sounds...
9 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Tue, 07 February 2012 00:55 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: The importance of the size of the room
Study the topics of the reverberant field, late verses early reflections and room modes. Room modes come into play at low frequencies, and the reverberant field describes sound behaviour at higher frequencies. Both sound ranges are improved in larger r...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 29 January 2012 00:16 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Another Sub woofer Q&A
Honestly, as long as the subwoofers you use are of good quality, it doesn't matter as much what brands and models you use. What matters more is their positions and low-pass slopes. The main thing is you shouldn't expect any single subwoofer to integrat...
Pages (50): [ «    11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 17:24:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio