Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
495 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 20 May 2013 17:08 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Uniform Directivity - How important is it?
To offer a little more information, consider the following sonograms: First, the ideal directivity pattern would be constant through the entire audio band. A constant directivity cornerhorn comes close to this, because the walls confine the beam down...
2 Forum: LSAF «» Posted on: Tue, 07 May 2013 21:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: LSAF 2013
My room is definitely commercial, but it grew out of a hobby and is decidedly slanted towards DIY. In fact, for the first couple years my Pi Speakers forum was online, I didn't sell anything, just like you guys. I just provided plans for my speakers, a...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 30 March 2013 16:53 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Subwoofers
I would suggest even more than one subwoofer. Not because they are needed for sound pressure level, but because the smooth room modes. See the attached link for more information: Room modes, multisubs and flanking subs
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 22 February 2013 15:25 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: flanking subs with small mains
Keep in mind that the flanking sub / helper woofer approach does most of its thing between 80Hz and 200Hz. So if the mains can run to 80Hz, you can run helper woofers like I described and get as much benefit from them as flanking subs that are typically...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 22 February 2013 14:01 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: flanking subs with small mains
Let me see if I understand you right. This is what I think you are saying: 1. When bass management is used, the sub output is low-passed and the mains are high-passed at the same frequency. 2. You are considering setting this frequency to 60Hz to ...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 20 February 2013 14:32 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2Pi's completed - now I want a center channel
You would have to measure to know what the treatments were doing, so if you have measurement gear, try a sweep or burst with the treatments and another one without and compare the difference. My gut feel is the treatments may help in the midrange and ...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 04 February 2013 10:56 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Flanking Subs vs Helper Woofers, revisited
You can build what I would describe as a "detatched 2.5-way" speaker. Essentially it is a DI-matched two-way with a second midwoofer in a separate box, physically located as presecribed for flanking subs, i.e. just beside, behind and below the...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 01 February 2013 13:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Information about the 3 Pi Subwoofer
Those are good questions, thanks for asking. The three π subwoofer is a good general-purpose subwoofer that covers the 20-200Hz decade. It was designed to be a high-quality subwoofer in a convenient size. It isn't specifically designed to be a flank...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 23 January 2013 11:57 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Flanking Subs vs Helper Woofers
I just watched a video of an audio gathering, where several presenters gave talks on one thing or another. One of the presenters was Earl Geddes, who did a talk on multisubs: SMWTMS Meeting, January 19, 2013 (That's Southeastern Michigan Woofer and...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 22 January 2013 10:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Tuning below Fs with JBL 2226H?
Lobing from acoustically distance sources is undesirable, that is true. It is to be avoided where possible, and outdoors or in very large areas, you want point source summing, which is accomplished by keeping source locations within 1/4λ, just as you've...
Pages (50): [ «    6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 13:30:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio