Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
252 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 10 September 2009 08:03 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Multisubs with Seven Pi corner horns
Measurements show the speakers are very smooth in this range so it must be something else. There are definitely a lot of speakers with cone cry in the overtone region, sometimes pretty severe. It's common. But the JBL 2226 and the TD12S are smooth as ...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 09 September 2009 22:11 «» By: Norris Wilson
Wayne, I need to make it over for a listen to your lastest Four Pi set up with subs. It seems like every time that I want to plan a trip over, something comes up. " Respectfully, I think you expect breakup and this makes a sort of psychoacous...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 09 September 2009 21:40 «» By: Wayne Parham
Without the right corners, I'd go with the three π or four π models. That's what they're designed for. Of course, I'd suggest the optional JBL or AE woofers. I think you've seen from the measurements that there's no breakup up high with them and res...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 09 September 2009 07:04 «» By: Norris Wilson
"but you have to have a room with the right corners to do it." This has been an issue that I want to remedy, not having the proper corners for these horns. The only room large enough to handle corner horns and multiple subwoofers has a door...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 07 September 2009 21:23 «» By: Wayne Parham
Yes, I've used subs (actually multisubs) with cornerhorns. This is the best sound system I've ever heard, but you have to have a room with the right corners to do it. With my DI-matched two-ways, I usually run what I call "flanking subs" so...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 05 September 2009 09:22 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2-Pi Tower floorbounce
That's key - Floor bounce interference manifests itself not only by the distance from midwoofer to ground but also the distance from source to listener. At 6-8 feet, it's around 150Hz. The thing is, while you could smooth the notch with multiple soun...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 20 August 2009 22:57 «» By: noviygera
Re: Multisubs/open baffle
Maybe this is the case where I just follow my instinct, build my idea and report the result. Will do -Herman
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 20 August 2009 22:54 «» By: Wayne Parham
I don't use EDGE, so I'm no help there. Hopefully someone else that has experience with this program will chime in.
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 20 August 2009 21:38 «» By: noviygera
Did a search, read the articles downloaded "Edge" program to do a simulation. I ran into three issues: 1. My open baffle can be as tall as the basement height allows and therefore it can stand on the floor and go up to the ceiling, like a fake...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 18 August 2009 10:12 «» By: Wayne Parham
Multisubs
I think it's a good idea. Do a search here about multisub configurations.
Pages (26): [ «    11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26    »]

Current Time: Wed Aug 28 10:59:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio