Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
251 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 31 May 2011 11:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Request for Plans
The biggest difference between the three π and four π speakers is the the midwoofer families available. This is also true for the six π and seven π cornerhorns. The three π and four π models are about the same size, as are the bass bins of the six π and...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 16 May 2011 10:19 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Active 3 PI
Again, the issue with active crossovers is you have to dial them in. If you just start playing with slopes and frequencies it will never be as good. Neither core filter (low or high pass) uses standard values, so it isn't a Betterworth, Bessel or Linkw...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 16 May 2011 10:09 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: So how does this all work then..?
The cabinet is tuned to 38Hz so you can safely boost bass down to that point. However, it would be much better to use multisubs, because then you'll not only gain the extension but also smooth room modes.
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 27 April 2011 14:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Room modes, multisubs and flanking subs
What sets the modal range apart from the reverberant range (also sometimes referred to as the statistical range) is the spacing between peaks and valleys. Up high, the interference is so dense it creates tightly spaced spikes. It looks like "grass...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 15 April 2011 07:27 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3pi wall baffle
Horn loaded subs are no different where multisubs are concerned. You can use multiple hornsubs too. They're just bigger.
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 14 April 2011 21:47 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: In-wall baffle
Flush soffit mouting is a good thing because it eliminates the (baffle step) directivity transion from freespace to halfspace radiation. Anytime there is a directivity change, there is a corresponding change in on-axis response. This assumes power resp...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 10 April 2011 23:22 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 Pi Speakers and 3 Pi Subwoofer Request Plus Question
Sorry, I must have missed your question about the sub crossover earlier. Here's a post from a couple days ago on that very same subject, with a couple links to products that work well: Sub crossoversThere are plenty of other suitable products out there...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 07 April 2011 15:37 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Sub crossovers
Now there's a pair for you! Seriously, that will work just fine. I used the Rekkhorn F1 sub crossover, and it worked pretty well. It allows variable adjustment of the (24dB/octave) low-pass frequency and amplitude. But honestly, I kind of like ...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 05 April 2011 15:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
Room modes, multisubs and flanking subs
When I first considered the multisub approach, it was prompted by papers written by Todd Welti. He did several tests that showed in-room amplitude response could be made smoother using multiple subs, and gave specific guidance about placement. His favo...
10 Forum: Silicon Valley «» Posted on: Sat, 02 April 2011 19:23 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Subwoofer AMP
Certainly, that will work just fine. Tap into the preamp signal going to the amp for your mains, and run it to a sub crossover. I've tried several crossovers, and had good results, some better than others. Ironically, the one I like best for multisubs...
Pages (26): [ «    11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26    »]

Current Time: Thu Jul 04 08:16:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio