Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 14 July 2016 14:30 «» By: jonone
Re: Mono "flanking sub"
Hi Wayne thanks for the detailed response again! I have two subs now, the single "flanking sub" receiving a summed signal from the mains crossed over @150hz and a nearfield sub fed from the lfe out of my av amp with a 40hz crossover applied. So...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 14 July 2016 13:40 «» By: Wayne Parham
I have realized over the last decade or so that it always helps to add bass sound sources, up to about four where we start to see diminishing returns. But even beyond that, there are improvements. I have also learned that placement matters most when th...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 14 July 2016 12:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
The best performance is when each main speaker has a flanking sub placed beside, below and behind two to three feet in each plane. The signal sent to each is a low-passed copy of what is sent to the mains, with a relatively mild (first or second order) ...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 14 July 2016 12:39 «» By: jonone
Ok thanks Wayne, I might try and make them so there down firing for now but can be forward firing in the future when the children are bigger. The speakers are close to the rear walls on brackets and the flanking subs will be directly below them, (the on...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 14 July 2016 11:14 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Help me choose the apropriate speaker to built
I think two π towers would sound great in your room. But three π or four π mains with flanking subs would sound even better!
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 14 July 2016 11:08 «» By: Wayne Parham
Of course, the floor is the biggest reflector. But when I said "shading isn't an issue," what I meant was that subwoofer orientation won't cause much attenuation. Neither will acoustically small things like barstools and small furniture. Lar...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 30 June 2016 18:53 «» By: /SleepingVillage/
Pi-eyed
Pi-eyed and eared? Hello Pi Speaker fans, and Hi to Wayne, the man behind the design. I've recently completed my 4 Pi build and thought I'd share a bit of the process, as well as my thoughts on these amazing speakers. After much research and conte...
8 Forum: Silicon Valley «» Posted on: Thu, 09 June 2016 15:13 «» By: johnnycamp5
Crown amp
Hey Wayne! How do you think this class d (I believe) Crown amp would work for a pair of 3 pi subs? http://www.crownaudio.com/en/products/xls-1002 Instead of using an old Adcom power amp I own, and trying to integrate passive line crossovers and a ...
9 Forum: LSAF «» Posted on: Fri, 29 April 2016 10:51 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: LSAF 2016
π Speakers is setup and running in room 207! four π mains with three π flanking subs I brought my usual setup with only one small change. I'm running four π mains with three π flanking subs. That's a pretty typical setup for me. And I"m...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 06 April 2016 14:24 «» By: johnnycamp5
Re: Woofers and models
Thanks Wayne. Your response confirms my thinking. No use getting wrapped up in a 6pi vs. 7pi comparison. I'll likely convert my 4pi's to 7pi's, just have to build the cabinets first. Is it feasable that I could convert my crossovers to 7pi cross...
Pages (50): [ «    12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27    »]

Current Time: Tue Jul 23 22:03:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio