Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 21 October 2016 12:52 «» By: jonone
Re: Mono "flanking sub"
My new woofer has arrived, so I can use them as flanking subs, I've also had some new cabs made so they will be forward firing this time. The Amps ordered and the cabs are being sprayed, so I'm pretty much ready to rock.
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 21 October 2016 06:07 «» By: jonone
Class d for flanking subs
Does anyone think the type of amp used for flanking subs matters? I.e class d or ab. I've just brought a class d amp to power mine and wondered if audiophiles would secretly scoff. Does it make any real world difference sonically?
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 10 October 2016 15:04 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4Pi answers
I'll embed my answers, interleaved in your questions: That's ideal. There are a lot of people here that run four π mains in all three front positions, left, right and center. See the link below for some examples. If you have an acoustically trans...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 11 August 2016 14:54 «» By: jonone
Something I found. "Low-pass frequency for flanking subs should be between 80Hz and 150Hz, and use second-order or third-order for best results. Fourth-order can be used, but it doesn't sound as good to me - It doesn't blend as well. The higher the...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 11 August 2016 08:00 «» By: jonone
Ok thanks I will have a read. Great simple explanation at the end of the post though? I know I've asked this before and you have said its not that important but is there a specific filter type you use and a xo point you reccomend for flanking subs o...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 10 August 2016 15:01 «» By: Wayne Parham
When we talk about phase anomalies (time domain) or when we talk about peaks and dips in the amplitude response (frequency domain), we're essentially talking about flip sides of the same coin. I've always been more focused on the frequency domain becaus...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 10 August 2016 13:25 «» By: jonone
Wayne can I ask how important you feel phase is between the drivers in a speaker? The manufacture of my speakers feels this is crucial and much more important then flat amplitude. If you also feel this is crucial can you explain why the phase between fla...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 27 July 2016 14:32 «» By: johnnycamp5
Re: Midbass slam
I have not measured my room, in a way that I can look at a graph, but I have run sweeps and hz test tones. I had discovered a huge null at 70hz (throughout the center of the room) and another at around 150hz. I have since added considerable acoustic...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 27 July 2016 09:19 «» By: jonone
Sub bass frequency' s are many tens of feet long, so 5ft from the speakers shouldnt make any difference. In my opinion I would only use sealed for subs and you need drivers with huge magnets to control the cone, lack of control leads to boom in my experie...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 26 July 2016 15:06 «» By: johnnycamp5
Here is my current set up. It sits along the front/narrow wall (15.5'). Front door is on the left. When I incorporate the flanking subs, I will have to re-locate the speakers and tv along one of the long/side walls (27'). I will also be able to a...
Pages (50): [ «    10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25    »]

Current Time: Tue Jul 23 22:00:29 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio