Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 21 May 2018 21:09 «» By: joshua43214
Build Thread: 2Pi Towers, 6Pi Corner horns (and possibly a sub and center)
Greetings everyone! This post will be mostly introduction and planning. At the time of this writing the 2Pi Towers are all but complete and in service, and the 6Pi mid-horns are in the last stages of construction. Introduction: Almost 20 years ago,...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 20 May 2018 10:57 «» By: Rusty
Re: DSP for subwoofer(s)
All right! I had a good idea! Call it a lucky shot on my end. Thank you Wayne for your great way of clearing up a messy thought. But it's good to know that a notion to keep it simple would be validated by someone who really knows what it's all about. I jus...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 19 May 2018 12:41 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: DSP for subwoofer(s)
You're right - the main thing is number and placement of subs. I understand that you want to use a DSP crossover because it gives you the ability to choose any crossover point and slope you want, so will be easy to set the requisite ~90Hz second-order...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 13 May 2018 12:17 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3Pi Sub plans, and some other questions.
You've got mail! Vented and sealed subs are generally pretty tolerant of modifications. They are acoustically small, so standing waves don't setup inside. So basically, as long as the internal volume and port remain the same, you can expect performa...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 12 March 2018 14:23 «» By: Barryso
Re: Improvements
Johnnycamp5, did you just put the sand on top of the speakers or under them? It's funny, it was an old thread about building a floating sandbox over a suspended wood floor that got me started on all this. I'm often undecided about the volume level of t...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 08 March 2018 09:39 «» By: johnnycamp5
Re: Improvements
The floor can make a big difference. I had something like you describe once above a 2' crawl space with a floppy (spongy) floor. Until I could make the floor more solid, a bag of play sand on each speaker helped lol. I hope you had those flanking su...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 08 March 2018 09:09 «» By: Barryso
Improvements
A few month ago Wayne was helping me with an odd speaker issue. Long one short, the 2 Pi Towers sounded very different placed directly against the wall vs. being a few feet away from different wall (with flanking subs) in the same room. Of course there...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 01 March 2018 09:12 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Dead Spots
Yes, that is typical and it is the result of room modes. Read about multisubs and flanking subs. That's the way to get smooth bass which is uniform in all locations in the room. In the meantime, you may be able to mitigate the straight-on dead-spo...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 11 February 2018 10:48 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Are subwoofers worth it?
If you can tell the subs are on, you don't have 'em setup right. I used to prefer systems without subs until Todd Welti introduced the multisub concept in the early 2000s. I expanded upon it to include the concept of flanking subs. Both approaches s...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 01 February 2018 09:44 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 7pi plan and guidance request
If you have the right corners, I would suggest using the 2226 drivers in seven π constant directivity cornerhorns and make subwoofers from the 2242 drivers. Put the subs in opposite corners or somewhere distant from the cornerhorns, in a multisub config...
Pages (50): [ «    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »]

Current Time: Tue Jul 23 18:05:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio