Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
446 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 04 May 2002 09:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Differences between "normal" of "horn"-type active filter.
There are several thing to consider when setting up your loudspeaker system and its crossover and contour electronics:1. The electro-mechanico-acoustic response of the driver(s)2. The acoustic filter function of the cabinet/horn/chamber(s) 3. The direct...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 04 May 2002 04:16 «» By: _Wim_
Differences between "normal" of "horn"-type active filter.
Hi I am in the middle of building an active speaker system (actually I have already one but I am not fully satisfied, it consists of a 15 inch Karlson cabitnet and a Cetec-Gauss/Jbl combo) I am planning on building a 4-PI cabinet and using the same motors...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 12 February 2002 06:52 «» By: Adam
Re: does your active xover have HF eq built in?
Wayne, what type of horn are the CH-3's? Constant directivity? The response graph in your papers doesn't show any HF rolloff other then the natural 3db of the driver. No worries, just curious.Adam
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 26 December 2001 21:40 «» By: Wayne Parham
JBL specifications documents and whitepapers
Both the 2370 and the 2344 provide constant directivity, so they'll each need 6dB/octave compensation above 5kHz or so. This is provided in the Pi crossover, via the R1/R2/C1 top-octave compensation network. However, the 2370 and 2344 have different radi...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 19 December 2001 13:15 «» By: Jeff Robinson
JBL tent sale recommendation
If he'll raise his budget 70 bucks you could blow the whole dorm floor away with 30 watts driving JBL 3677S's from the JBL tent sale. $118.51 each INCLUDING shipping WITH enclosure. However they do not include a crossover, so that is the drawback. He'll ne...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 16 December 2001 11:09 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Extended High End on Compression Drivers
The built-in CD equalization in the Behringer crossover (and other active crossovers) is intended to do the same thing as the top-octave compensation in my passive crossovers. So just switch it in when using a horn that needs it.The horn isn't actually wh...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 02 December 2001 19:23 «» By: Wayne Parham
Compensation for compression horns
The crossover is asymmetrical, so the electrical crossover points don't line up. There is also top-octave compensation in the tweeter circuit, which attenuates the lower region much more than HF. This is all done on purpose to make the overall response c...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 15 November 2001 00:36 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: md2001 only speced to 12 kHz?
In truth, compression drivers are only flat up to about 4kHz, where mass rolloff begins. Used with horns that cause collapsing directivity, their on-axis response can measure flat a couple octaves higher than that. But the driver itself rolls off 6dB/oct...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 19 October 2001 23:19 «» By: Wayne Parham
Characteristics of various horn flares
Here are some basic descriptions of various horn types: Salmon shapes:ConicalExponentialHyperbolicOther shapes:Tractrix (see "tractory curve")RadialMulticellConstant directivity (CD)Overview and history:Horns are used for two reasons:1. Impedance matching...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 01 August 2001 18:03 «» By: Wayne_Parham
Re: H290 vs CH3
Both the CH-3 and the H290 are good horns. They each have pros and cons. The CH-3 does look flimsy, I agree. When I first saw it, I was skeptical about its performance. But it provides amazingly flat response and good coverage. The CH-3 has a diffract...
Pages (45): [ «    30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45    »]

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 05:56:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio