Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
446 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 23 February 2003 04:57 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Radial horns
The compensation circuit augments the top octave so it is suitable for any purpose where this sort of response curve is desired. Constant directivity horns need this kind of EQ circuit to compensate for the power response of the driver.Also, don't run the...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 24 January 2003 01:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
Bypass capacitors in compensation networks
The goals of components R1, R2 and C1 are to match the woofer and tweeter levels, and to provide a transfer function that is the conjugate of the driver's power response. This may sound like a mouthful, but bear with me. What it essentially means is the ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 10 January 2003 14:38 «» By: dwkurfma
Re: EV HP640
60x40 constant directivity horns with a two inch throat. About 21"x13"x12". Provides loading down to 400 hz. Fairly uniform horizontal directivity from 500 hz up; vertical from 1200 up. See following: http://www.electrovoice.com/electrovoice/EVfiles.n...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 29 November 2002 11:52 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: add on
To tell the truth, I don't suggest adding a super-tweeter. The speakers are designed to provide constant directivity across a wide horizontal spread with a fairly tall vertical forward lobe. The vertical nulls are spaced out far enough they aren't a prob...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 25 November 2002 21:53 «» By: Tom Brennan
Re: best horn for 2426h in Pi type system?
Dan---Yes, that's what I'm saying. Though I haven't used my 2427s (same as 2426) on my saladbowls JBL 2420s and Altec 806s and 902s have run out flat to 16khz, the highest frequency my RTA can measure. My saladbowls are 550hz units, I crossed them at 700hz...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 22 August 2002 02:53 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Effects of horn loading
When a horn is placed in constrained space, it acts similarly to a ground plane would for an antenna. It's like a mirror were presented to the mouth of the horn, and it acts as though it had a larger mouth.This is true for room boundaries and for baffle m...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 16 August 2002 10:20 «» By: Wayne Parham
Cornerhorns!
I really like the π cornerhorn configuration, for lots of reasons. The gain you can expect is 9dB over free-space or 6dB over half-space. The area expansion from the room's corner apex is equivalent to a rectangular straight-walled horn with 70° flare...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 27 May 2002 20:05 «» By: str8aro
Re: Sound characteristics of different horn flares and materials
Hi pk,For a clear sound, my choice would be a constant directivity horn - that is, one with straight sides. No nasty narrow throats with parallel walls, though - just a horn that looks like a pyramid. As Wayne noted, this kind of horn will be all midrang...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 27 May 2002 07:42 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: How about the sound of CD horns then?
Axisymmetric CD horns sound midrange heavy and require equalization to sound right. I prefer 90o radial horns, which provide constant directivity in the horizontal plane. That ensures room coverage is good and the reverberent field is uniform. But it do...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 27 May 2002 01:27 «» By: Peter Krojgaard
How about the sound of CD horns then?
Hi Wayne,Thanks for a thorough reply (as always)!A third "kind"(?) of flare is the so-called Constant Directivity horns. At least from a distance they "look" quite similar to the purely exponential horns, although I understand that they are somewhat differ...
Pages (45): [ «    30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45    »]

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 06:05:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio