Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
446 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 30 October 2003 11:11 «» By: Wayne Parham
A few useful documents
Please do a search here, 'cause there's tons of stuff available. Spice, the crossover document and a few dozen posts are just some of the things that may prove useful to you. Below are links to a handful of documents and forum posts that come to mind.S...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 30 October 2003 05:09 «» By: Triodeuser
mulling over crossover questions. Wayne? Anybody?
I'm using Azura's that use 8" full range drivers and are beyond loading by the horn around 1500 hz. Also, 1250hz is about where 8" drivers begin beaming.I also have DDS Eng 90-1 constant directivity waveguides that will cover from about 1100 up with 1" com...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 12 October 2003 05:20 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Transient Perfect Crossover's
You're right about the merits in improving the behavior of the system where phase is concerned. One really wants to make sure that phase offset doesn't become excessive and that interference and lobing are limited throughout the coverage angle. To me, th...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 26 July 2003 05:38 «» By: ToFo
Great stuff!...
...and thanks for the follow up on Eighteen Sound.I have been wanting to do a mid horn for a long time. A cross between radial and constant directivity, like a giant Peavey CH-3 would be my goal. This inspiration might just push me over the egde.Cool! Enjo...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 17 June 2003 08:31 «» By: ToFo
Matching directivity
Hi Sam,I can't find polar response plots for 511-B but that would really help because you have the 2404 above it. Your 2404's are rock solid off axis and you can guarantee that the 511-B's have narrowing dispersion as they near the top octave. It would be ...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 19 May 2003 15:05 «» By: Wayne Parham
Two-way and three-way loudspeaker systems
Until about 1990, almost every speaker I built that had a woofer bigger than 10" was a three-way design. The one π and two π were the only two-way models I built. But in the early nineties, I started experimenting with two-way designs and I found ...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 10 May 2003 18:10 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Two-way system
When choosing midwoofers for a two-way design, I'd suggest looking at four areas - Frequency response, distortion, directivity and electro-mechanical parameters. The electro-mechanical parameters will set the size of your cabinet and low frequency ext...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 08 May 2003 18:07 «» By: Don17
Where can I Buy some nice BIG CD horns???
Hello To complete my speaker stack which I use for live sound, I need A constant directivity horn for at least a 1" exit compresion driver (for JBL 2426H's) To sit on top of the whole stack. I know peavey used to make the...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 21 April 2003 09:35 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Pi design and wooden horns (Edgar & Martinelli)
I agree with you about Altec horns in many ways. Measurements show them to be extremely flat on-axis, and they sound good too. They are physically large, so they can be crossed over low. And they distribute energy with greater dispersion side-to-side, w...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 20 April 2003 11:37 «» By: Wayne Parham
Horn shapes
CD flares are those that have straight sides, often with sections separated by sharp edges. Their main strength is that they exhibit constant directionality regardless of frequency, hence the name.Personally, I prefer radial horn shapes, with straight sid...
Pages (45): [ «    30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45    »]

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 06:05:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio