Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
446 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 06 August 2004 16:46 «» By: Jim Griffin
Driver Center to Center Spacing for Line Arrays
I wanted to start a new thread on line array driver spacing versus adding on to DSM's posting on side by side placement. I made a challenge to Bill Fitzmaurice's comments on another forum. See this thread and page down to read all replies: http://www....
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 23 April 2004 14:23 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: To horn or not to horn?
I think that horn loading from about 50Hz or 100Hz up makes a lot of sense. At these frequencies, horns do not have to be large to be effective. Below that, it really does require a pretty big device to perform well. If you've got the room, super, but ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 04 February 2004 03:10 «» By: Adrian Mack
Re: Speedbump #1
Hi GarThe H290 and H295 are both 90x40deg dispersion. I'm pretty sure the two horns are about the same in the horizontal plane - they both offer tight pattern control here. But the H295 constant directivity horn will have a little more uniform dispersion ...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 03 February 2004 14:50 «» By: GarMan
Speedbump #1
Curses. I don't have enough room to fit a H290 horn on top of the woofer. However, I can squeeze the H295. I'm thinking this may be a better choice for me because the speakers are used in a pretty big room, and I tend to sit about 15feet from them. Th...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 26 January 2004 20:19 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Constrained spatial loading
If a room's ceiling is eight feet high, then the expansion from the apex of the corner at the floor-wall-wall junction is purely conical for eight feet. At that point, another boundary is encountered - The ceiling makes the expansion become more like a p...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 20 January 2004 06:23 «» By: GraemeG
Re: Directivity and modeling.
Dunno, it seems to overcompensatethe level but still drops off top end early when compared to real world. I will stick to using the constant directivity assumption and estimate an octave or more extension.I think directionality is only one factor affecti...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 22 December 2003 03:23 «» By: Adrian Mack
Other horn flares
Has anyone here used the Eminence H295 or H395 horn flares before and have any comments on them? They are both 90x40deg horns, constant directivity type. The H295 is small physically like the H290 radial and Peavy CH3, the H395 is more like the size of th...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 27 November 2003 18:03 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Conical Midrange horns
Conical horns are great for midrange. They're actually the most common type for cone driven mid horns. Conical horns are relatively simple in construction and provide constant directivity. I wouldn't use anything other shape than conical for midrange,...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 06 November 2003 06:51 «» By: Jeremy Bridge
Re: Set your goals, model a design and build it
You commented that the length of the sides and thier angle control the dispersion in a low-mid horn. But do you know how I would go about making that 60x40 to match the high horn?I have used horn resp, before but I am just not confident of my results. I ...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 05 November 2003 22:29 «» By: Wayne Parham
Set your goals, model a design and build it
I like midrange horns using medium-format (8" - 12") cone drivers. To me, they sound very clear and natural. You just really can't take a modern compression driver down to 100Hz-200Hz, and that's where the larger cone-driver horns really shin...
Pages (45): [ «    30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45    »]

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 04:36:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio