Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
446 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 26 January 2005 18:46 «» By: Earl Geddes
Re: Accuracy versus subjective preference, yes
TomAs usual you did a good job of explaining some things, but side stepping others.For instance, just exactly what should the idrectivity of a source be? This was not discussed. Maybe the collapsing directivity is a good thing? in some cases. I use thi...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 24 January 2005 09:34 «» By: Earl Geddes
Re: Favorite flavors
The issue is not scared away. The issue is that one must accept the work of the other as valid or there can not be a level discussion. My only complaint is Wayne's cursory ellimination of my experimental evidence as invalid. The implication here is that...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 23 January 2005 22:23 «» By: Wayne Parham
You're a smart guy Earl, and I think that if you have a valid argument you can probably discuss it intelligently.So I ask you again, what do you attribute the 9dB DI power increase from eighth-space radiation if it isn't from directionality?If you agree t...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 23 January 2005 13:44 «» By: Earl Geddes
WayneWe will have to disagree on this one. I do not see the corner as a prefered solution because I don't believe that it will work as well as you claim. Do you have any measurements to support you belief?At what frequency do you cross over from LF to HF...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 23 January 2005 12:00 «» By: Earl Geddes
WayneYou must have totally misunderstood my comments and obviuosly have not seen the plots on my web site. I don't know how you got what you claim I said from my post. I reread it and I never said anything about "Non-uniformity of off-axis response" bei...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 22 January 2005 23:20 «» By: Wayne Parham
Sorry Earl, but I just don't agree. I like a lot of your ideas, but on this point, maybe we don't agree.Non-uniformity of off-axis response is not generally considered to be a plus. Some live with this defect, but I don't think anyone considers it to be...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 22 January 2005 21:09 «» By: Earl Geddes
WayneThese two comments are not true."But the listening area just becomes too small. The reverberent field is usually non-uniform too, since the highly directional nature of a narrow HF horn is very different than the non-directional LF energies produced ...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 08 January 2005 12:56 «» By: Earl Geddes
Re: Hi-Efficiency vs Lo-Efficiency Speakers
WayneI mostly agree with one disagreement. Shorting rings don't just affect even orders, they can affect both even and odd. We see the biggest effect on the second, but remember that it is the higher ones that have the most audibility.On the issue of hi...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 12 October 2004 13:44 «» By: Paris
Geddes Waveguide
I am intrigued by Geddes horn philosophy. Horns like this seem to be a wave of the future. Let me quote Geddes. He says, the goal is smooth constant directivity over a prescribed angle. Most CD horns use a diffraction slot to obtain polar control, howeve...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 09 September 2004 15:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: differences in APT horn flairs
I don't really care for the sound of CD horns with sharp edges. They're designed to control the radiating angle at frequency extremes, but I believe they do this at the expense of sound quality. I much prefer 90°x40° radial horns with straight side wall...
Pages (45): [ «    30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45    »]

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 04:30:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio