Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
446 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 23 May 2005 13:32 «» By: Earl Geddes
Re: Toe-in
The best answer to this question is found in the white paper athttp://www.gedlee.com/new_loudspeaker.htmIf you still have questions after reading that let me know.In the link that you posted the listener is off axis of the loudspeakers. Unless these are ...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 25 April 2005 01:10 «» By: Wayne Parham
"What will the Unity horn offer"
The Unity concept is interesting but I think it tries to solve one problem by doing something that introduces two more problems. It may be that in prosound applications, its benefits outweigh its liabilities or it may just be a marketing strategy that i...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 17 April 2005 06:12 «» By: Bob Brines
Re: The pros of imaging
>>However, in an unamplified performance, with a well damped room, the singers voice and the instruments should be localized, even in a live performance, no?This should be the case. You can probably find performances that do localize well. My experience i...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 17 April 2005 04:56 «» By: akhilesh
The pros of imaging
Nice post, Bob. Now that I think about it, it makes sense that a lack of early reflections will lead most speakers to image well. I guess some folk may actually prefer imaging for the "illusion" since that is all that reproduction is, right... creating an...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 11 April 2005 11:47 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: As an aside,
I haven't tried a 2123 in a midhorn, but I have used the 2120. It has less output above 1kHz, but it has enough that summing is good with the tweeter at 1.6kHz. I found the 2012 sums best with a 2426 tweeter when the 2012 has a 1mH coil in series and th...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 06 April 2005 19:58 «» By: Mike.e
Re: Directivity vs Omni-directional
Just look at any number of HIFI companys,its much easier to put 4" + 1" woofers on a tiny box, than consider non WAF alternatives!Big 15"s, horns and such,higher manufacturing costs tooIts funny how almost every company does it,the little box.Linkwitz sho...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 28 February 2005 14:32 «» By: akhilesh
CD versus H/LD
Earl, I hope you do come to Tulsa for the spring Audio fest, becuase I would love to hear your designs!I did some more thinking on this, and i agree: i was confusing constant dir (CD) (varies with frequency) and high versus low directivity (h/LD) (varies ...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 28 February 2005 11:42 «» By: Earl Geddes
Re: I checked up Floyd Toole's work
So then you have to ask yourself why there are so few constant directivity designs available. Maybe its because they are hrd to do?Please keep in mind that omni IS constant directivity. Its constant high directivity that is the key.If you have not heard...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 28 February 2005 11:12 «» By: akhilesh
I checked up Floyd Toole's work
and you are right: they found that listeners favor constant directivity as well. -akhilesh Floyd's pape rsummarizing some of his work.
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 25 February 2005 14:39 «» By: Earl Geddes
Re: So you are saying
That question has no answer.Since waveguides have a directivity that is constant with frequency and domes and cones and pistons directivity narrows with frequency there is a frequency region where the pistons are wider and a frequency region where they ar...
Pages (45): [ «    30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45    »]

Current Time: Wed Aug 14 17:33:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio