Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
446 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 07 August 2005 20:02 «» By: rcw
Re: directivity
I have not looked at this forum in a while so didn't see Earl Geddes reply to my post.Yes I have measured the directivity and in the horizonatal plane it is constant from around 350Hz. in the vertical from around 1200Hz.The idea behing this is that latera...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 29 June 2005 13:23 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: tweeter horns in the line array?
It depends on the characteristics of the drivers, horn flares, mounting geometry, intended pattern and use, etc. I just wanted to point out what constant directivity was because I thought it might be beneficial to you.
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 29 June 2005 11:02 «» By: Wayne Parham
Constant directivity just means the sound is uniform no matter where you are. To not like constant directivity is to like unbalanced sound.In fairness, most people that like horns with collapsing DI usually like other features about them. It isn't the l...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 29 June 2005 10:41 «» By: Eric J
OK...but I'm NOT talking about pro-sound reinforcement.I'm talking about the room listening environment that is about 7 meters from the speakers for normal sitting down listening.I'm also talking about electronic crossovers, and separate amp for the tweet...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 29 June 2005 09:37 «» By: Bill Wassilak
Re: Former owner of several A7 VOTT's
I thought EV was the first to come out with the constant directivity horns with there 9040, 6040, and 4020 series also known as the big white ghosts. Then Altec came out with the Manta Ray horns about a year or 2 later. I could be wrong.Bill W.
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 29 June 2005 09:29 «» By: Eric J
tweeter horns in the line array?
Are there pros and cons in using tweeters horns in the line array? how about in using more than three or four constant directivity horns per channel?eric j.
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 27 June 2005 10:56 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Former owner of several A7 VOTT's
All due respect to Bruce Edgar, I'd say his design style is more vintage than Altec's. Bruce's loudspeaker designs hearken back to the very first horn loudspeakers. They use simple crossovers and horns that provide acoustic EQ instead of pattern control...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 13 June 2005 11:11 «» By: Earl Geddes
Re: Geddes shoots, he scores!!!
What you are really varying here is the direct to reverberant sound energy, not the treble energy. Now, if the direct response and the revereberant response are not the same then what you perceive as the frequency response will change with this distance....
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 07 June 2005 07:41 «» By: Earl Geddes
Re: directivity
Could you give the reference to this papar. I recall the conclusion being different.At any rate, Floyd and JBL are moving towards a narrower directivity, which seems to contradict the conclusions that you state.And, the situation is more complex. The re...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 01 June 2005 00:25 «» By: rcw
directivity
I have Aes journal papers by Floyd Toole from 1986.In the May 1986 paper he reports that people prefered wider dispersion speakers for both mono and stereo reproduction, and speculates that this is due to the wider dispersion speakers exciting the reverbr...
Pages (45): [ «    30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45    »]

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 04:36:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio