Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
446 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 10 January 2006 12:41 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Yes, and the pros and cons please.
The benefits of the π cornerhorn include constant directivity and a wide sweet spot in addition to all the other advantages of horn loading, i.e. increased efficiency, reduced distortion, etc. The sound source comes from a single location - the apex o...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 22 December 2005 16:29 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Eighth-space = 9dB DI
By that argument, all DI increases from waveguides would be meaningless. A sound source radiating from the apex of a trihedral boundary is a CD source, one having of the most purely constant directivity you can find. It is quite literally a large wavegu...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 21 December 2005 17:03 «» By: Earl Geddes
A fiction
Either I misunderstand you or what you are saying is not correct.The way that I make a two way is the ONLY way to get a matched DI through crossover. You seem to be implying that you can do this with a narrower vertical coverage which I don't believe is ...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 19 December 2005 15:38 «» By: Earl Geddes
The A7's
The only speaker that I referenced besides the 4430's was the A7.This is the Altec-Lansing A7 more effectionately know as the "Voice of the Theater". It was a 15" woofer and a 1" compression driver, as is the 4430's and the Summa.The 4430's were an impro...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 05 October 2005 19:59 «» By: M
Horn Mouth Diffraction
Dear all,It is rather well understood that a finite aperture of a horn/wave-guide causes diffraction effects, [1]. However, neither this reference nor another paper [2], which at least tangentially touches on this issue, gives any insight on computation o...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 05 October 2005 17:48 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Benefits of a wideband driver for off axis decay
Controlled directivity is desireable because you can reduce early reflections by directing the sound so it doesn't bounce off nearby walls. Constant directivity is desireable because it makes the reverberent field uniformly charged. Next best thing is u...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 04 October 2005 16:03 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Bypass capacitor calculation
Model the circuit in Spice. The rising impedance of the tweeter's voice coil and the constant impedance of padding resistors makes a little bit of HF boost without any bypass capacitance. The crossover also interacts with the padding, because it sets th...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 25 September 2005 22:53 «» By: Paul C.
Horn lens and SPL
If this has been asked and answered before, forgive me.How do various horn lens affect the perceived SPL of a particular horn driver? Some spread the sound out, others are made to concentrate the sound directly to the front. It would seem that those that...
9 Forum: Dungeon «» Posted on: Sat, 17 September 2005 07:04 «» By: Wayne Parham
One more example
I know you've both said you're through with this discussion. So don't let me draw you back into it. If you're really through, then please see this as a rhetorical question.Some of my speakers, even some of the better ones, are just an Eminence or JBL dr...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 11 August 2005 21:54 «» By: rcw
Re: directivity
I did not intend to "prove" anything by the references I quoted, merely pointing out that such testing had been done by a reputable academic researcher in a manner that is scientifically correct, and those being the findings.On the subject of directivity ...
Pages (45): [ «    29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44    »]

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 03:24:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio