Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
446 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 25 August 2006 14:06 «» By: zobsky
Re: Any opinions on these cheap waveguides?
I picked up one a few months ago, driven by an eminence PSD2002 compression driver. Not bad, .. a bit "croaky" sounding down at the 1200 - 1600 Hz range, I'm not sure if its the horn or the driver's fault, (I don't really have basis for comparision) other...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 19 August 2006 19:34 «» By: PointSource
Re: Constant Directivity
Thanks for the input, Wayne. I have a basic grasp of most of your response, though I've never heard of the "throat angle" concept before now. I'm beginning to think that throat geometry has more impact on a horn design than any other single variable. B...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 19 August 2006 00:14 «» By: Wayne Parham
Throat area sets a lot of things. One of them is when the horn rolls off on top due to path length differences. The phase plug is designed to reduce path length differences, to extend upper frequency response. The throat angle sets the width of the pat...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 18 August 2006 21:06 «» By: PointSource
I've gleaned some basics from various websites (plus a few finer points here & there), but such seemingly disparate conclusions from two reliable sources left me wondering if I'd missed some glaringly simple horn principle. (Of course, the hit-and-miss e...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 18 August 2006 01:10 «» By: Wayne Parham
Well, a lot of what you said is general and not specific enough to really analyze. But there are a few concrete facts you can get a hold of.If a horn is short, it will not load down to as low a frequency as a longer horn of the same shape. If its mouth ...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 17 August 2006 23:26 «» By: PointSource
Thanks for responding, Wayne! I suppose I should add some detail: Designer #1's conicals are generally shorter in depth and tend to have less mouth area than Designer #2's horns. Also, #1's crossover points are higher, so maybe the reference is ...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 17 August 2006 21:56 «» By: Wayne Parham
Constant Directivity
The guy that says conical horns provide no pattern control is undoubtedly pushing a different kind of horn. It's rubbish. Don't be fooled by credentials. People with credentials have agendas too.The conical horn is actually the only shape that provides...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 28 April 2006 10:38 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Corner Horn positioning "Sweet Spot" for listening...HELP
The "sweet spot" is actually a very large area of the room. That's one of the biggest advantages of the π cornerhorn configuration. The reverberent field is very uniform because off-axis response is the same as on-axis response. The best listening p...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 17 April 2006 06:41 «» By: bill Morris
Re: Delta Sound Folded Horn PA cabs
Colin: thanks again...I recently picked up a pair of EV HR9040 Constant Directivity Horns in road cases for the PA in my band. I'd like to buy or build a pair of A-7's to go with them. I run a pair of Boehlander Graebner RD-70 6' high ribbons on my ho...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 08 April 2006 19:17 «» By: Jim Griffin
Re: Some simple Array questions
Eric,Very nice home. As I said earlier, the biggest issue with your sound is that the DefTechs are ill suited to your room from their radiation pattern. They radiate over a very broad area as they are nearly omnidirectional hence minimal directivity of ...
Pages (45): [ «    28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43    »]

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 03:47:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio