Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
446 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 09 November 2006 20:56 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Your Experiences With Constant Directivity Horns
Thanks, guys. You're making me blush.Duke, you're too understated. Fred Thompson and I were just talking about that last night at dinner. You've made quite a few nice contributions in the field yourself.
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 09 November 2006 20:48 «» By: Wayne Parham
There are lots of horns that are good, it really depends on what you need and/or expect, such as frequency band, angular coverage, symmetrical or asymetrical, and quality of pattern control. For example, if you just need a tweeter, then the horn doesn't ...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 09 November 2006 18:58 «» By: PointSource
Then, what would be your product recommendations for decent non-diffractive CD horns, whether cheap or expensive?
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 09 November 2006 17:28 «» By: Wayne Parham
A diffraction slot is useful for widening dispersion, but it is not useful for controlling the pattern other than that. A diffraction slot can only widen the pattern; It cannot constrain the pattern. It also is very frequency dependent, not constant at...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 09 November 2006 11:25 «» By: PointSource
A clarification, please: When you mention "constant directivity" in a HF horn, can I assume that you're referring to the typical diffraction slot style? I ask, because other designs claim constant directivity using non-diffractive throat geometries.
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 08 November 2006 19:26 «» By: Duke
Re: Your Experiences With Constand Directivety Horns
I agree with everything Wayne said about the advantages of CD horns. I believe the sonic qualities that come from constant directivity to be audible and well worthwhile. In my experience, CD horns and waveguides can be hard to cross over. Wayne's paper...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 08 November 2006 13:23 «» By: hurdy_gurdyman
Re: Your Experiences With Constand Directivety Horns
I've owned some pro speakers with constant directivity HF horns. The pair I still use for my band use are EV Sx-100 stage monitors/small venue speakers. These have a CD horn crossed at 1.8 kHz. These sound very good. I used them as my home speakers for se...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 08 November 2006 08:44 «» By: Wayne Parham
I prefer constant directivity horns. When constant directivity is observed through the midrange upwards, the reverberent field is more uniform. The sound is much more natural throughout the room. This requires midrange and tweeter horns be matched, hav...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 05 September 2006 15:04 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Learned some more audio truth outdoors
Pretty much every speaker you've ever seen me do has this as one of its main design objectives. Controlled directivity is part and parcel of the design process. That's why my loudspeakers sound consistent throughout the room, and tonal balance is good e...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 26 August 2006 00:42 «» By: Duke
Re: Any opinions on these cheap waveguides?
I have a pair but haven't built anything with them. They are not constant directivity devices - the walls are curved, not straight - so I'd be inclined to call them "horns" instead of a "waveguides". I was hoping for an inexpensive constant directivity ...
Pages (45): [ «    27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42    »]

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 03:57:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio