Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
446 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 03 April 2008 13:06 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Constant directivity tweeter horns and waveguides
Kind words, Martin, thanks. Means a lot coming from you.My thoughts are just one man's opinion. I'm always learning and making incremental improvements as I do.I'm really interested in your thoughts. At low frequency, a horn can easily (and accurately,...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 03 April 2008 12:42 «» By: Wayne Parham
You're right, the H290 transitions smoothly from the throat expanding to the mouth without a diffraction slot. I like this horn, but it does beam in the top octave. No way around it in a horn like this without a diffraction slot. Remember that we're...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 03 April 2008 11:29 «» By: Zeno
what about h290 horns? they have a round throat like spheroid and quadratic horns.many thanks for kind attention and good bless you.
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 03 April 2008 07:27 «» By: Martin
Wayne,That is a really interesting post. I am going to save that one and will put a lot of thought into what you wrote. Excellent!Martin
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 02 April 2008 17:43 «» By: Wayne Parham
At frequencies where the radiator is acoustically small, the wavefront is basically an omnidirectional sphere. If on a baffle, it becomes a hemisphere in the range of frequencies where the radiator is acoustically small but the baffle is acoustically lar...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 02 April 2008 13:46 «» By: Randy
"If the sound source was a perfect radiating sphere of acoustically small dimensions and the throat was conical and acoustically small, I think all wavefront progogation through the horn would be this way. Or if it generated perfect planar waves and the e...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 02 April 2008 11:38 «» By: Zeno
thanks for detailed reply!!
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 02 April 2008 01:11 «» By: Wayne Parham
Constant directivity tweeter horns and waveguides
Quadratic throat waveguides have conical flares with throats gradually curved to match the entry angle. Oblate spheroidal (OS) waveguides do too. So do prolate spheroidal (PS) waveguides, for that matter. Right now, it seems like more people talk abou...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 14 February 2008 12:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Klipschorn vs seven π cornerhorn
I think the Klipschorn is a fine speaker that sounds good in spite of its warts. It was designed in the 1940's. That's impressive to me, all by itself.On the other hand, a folded basshorn used to 400Hz is not a good idea. Middle "C" on a piano is 260Hz...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 24 July 2007 16:09 «» By: Wayne Parham
Woodhorn tweeter measurements
π Speakers 90° wood tweeter hornThis is the end result of a long time dream of mine, to have a very high quality wood horn tweeter for my speakers. I wanted a horn that had the right acoustic properties and be visually appealing too. There are lots of g...
Pages (45): [ «    25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40    »]

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 02:48:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio