Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
446 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 17 July 2008 15:32 «» By: Norris Wilson
Re: Pro's and con's of mounting two woofers horizontally?
Thanks Wayne for the information.I can't see using two woofers together in the midrange area at all, horizontally or vertically with the issues that you brought to light.I guess the next best solution would be to go up in diameter of the midrange driver t...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 26 June 2008 13:50 «» By: Wayne Parham
Uniform directivity
The B&C DE250 is one of the smoothest compression drivers I've ever heard or measured. For that matter, it's one of the smoothest tweeters of any type I've measured. It doesn't reach beyond 18kHz, but up to that point, it is smooth as silk. A DE250 on ...
3 Forum: LSAF «» Posted on: Fri, 09 May 2008 12:19 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: LSAF 2008 - Show Coverage, Seminar Recordings, Slideshows and Handouts
Don't leave out Skip Pack and Bob Brines. They generally have very good sounding systems. I regret that I didn't get a chance to stop by and listen. Too much to do!About Duke's speakers, I was able to listen briefly and what I heard sounded very good. ...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 07 April 2008 17:51 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Constant directivity tweeter horns and waveguides
I think the thing most often perceived as "horn honk" is uneven amplitude response, particularly an exagerated midrange. It is usually when there is a midrange resonance that boosts a narrow region and then falls off at higher frequency. The horns that ...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 07 April 2008 15:30 «» By: Randy
I've read on other forums that diffraction is what causes "horn honk" or the "cupped hands" horn coloration. I'm not sure because I've heard it on many horns of different types. All thoughts appreciated.Randy
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 03 April 2008 22:57 «» By: Wayne Parham
Thanks Norris, kind of you to say. This year, I'm not giving a talk at LSAF 'cause I'll have my hands full. I'm even needing help, looking for a volunteer to take photos in each room and list the components so we can put them on the LSAF website. Wi...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 03 April 2008 19:21 «» By: Norris Wilson
Excellent information, thanks for your time in bringing it to us.I am looking forward to any more information that you might add.I would love to hear you make a presentation at LSAF along these same lines about horn design. Norris
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 03 April 2008 17:53 «» By: Wayne Parham
I've always been more comfortable with iterative approaches too, probably a result of my computer background.As you approach new ideas for modeling features, please feel free to kick it around here. Sometimes it's easier to roll your sleeves up and dig i...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 03 April 2008 14:47 «» By: Zeno
as always thank you kindly for the detailed and informational reply!!
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 03 April 2008 13:57 «» By: Martin
Wayne,You are way ahead of me when it comes to understanding and designing horns. But I am working on a couple of horn related modeling efforts. I'll list them below in no particular order.1) I want to change my 1D modeling tool to get away from flat plan...
Pages (45): [ «    24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39    »]

Current Time: Wed Aug 14 13:12:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio