Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
446 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 10 July 2009 12:20 «» By: Russellc
Re: (Now they're REALLY) Finished Pi 4 with photos
I know this message is getting a little old, but I remember you I believe from the Econowave thread. I have a very similar project, the same JBL 4507 cabs, I did have JBL 2225H in there which is very similar to the 2226H, but have changed to the 2235H dr...
2 Forum: Measurement «» Posted on: Thu, 09 July 2009 21:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
Crossover optimization for DI-matched two-way speakers
This is how I find a crossover that satisfies all the conditions required to simultaneously match the woofer and tweeter sensitivities, provide top-octave equalization for the compression driver's mass rolloff, maintain smooth acoustic phase free from ab...
3 Forum: Measurement «» Posted on: Thu, 09 July 2009 16:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Crossover optimization for DI-matched two-way speakers
Recently I started a new project, and like all of my loudspeakers, I designed it to provide uniform coverage over a 90°x40° pattern. As most of you know, this means the loudspeaker has to be capable of providing good response throughout its coverage area...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 30 June 2009 16:15 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Help please ... from the bottom up
Response for the tower two π speaker looks like this: This is a pseudo-anechoic measurement, so the bass isn't shown. The towers have nice, deep, full bass though. To put numbers on it, f3 is 40Hz and f10 is about 30Hz. Its impedance curve ...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 25 June 2009 14:56 «» By: noviygera
Need suggestions for a lower range horn to mate with new Mid/High horns
First off, hello to everyone and to Wayne. Wayne, I had the pleasure of talking to you once on the phone, probably a year ago. We talked about you constant dir. midrange horn. I made one, by the way. This is my first post here. I have a DJ/listening sy...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 22 June 2009 19:34 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Lascalas again !!!
I like Klipsch because they are early horns. Also, I used the Klipsch cornerhorn as inspiration and a starting point for my own cornerhorn design. But the similarities end there. My designs are all about constant directivity and quality of sound, with w...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 24 May 2009 23:35 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: My personal opinions of various design philosophies
The significance of the ~3kHz point is that's where the 90°x40° horn begins to gain pattern control in the vertical plane. It is related to the mouth size and the flare profile of the top and bottom walls. The size and angle of the compression driv...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 24 May 2009 12:40 «» By: Norris Wilson
Re: Any decernable results from round over at mouth of horns and cabinet edges?
Thanks Wayne for taking the time to write out an excellent reply that is very detailed and easy to comprehend. That is very helpful for me due to my limited knowledge on the subject. I would like to ask you a few more questions if I may. Regarding t...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 23 May 2009 22:03 «» By: Wayne Parham
My personal opinions of various design philosophies
I have measured and heard the difference from a horn with mouth roundover compared with another similar horn with a sharp terminating edge. I should say right off that this is not always the case, and specifically, if used at a high enough crossover the...
10 Forum: General «» Posted on: Mon, 18 May 2009 17:01 «» By: Wayne Parham
Waveguides verses Horns
I've always liked the design principles of the kinds of horns that are now called "waveguides." If you look back through the Pi Speaker forum archives, you'll see a clear pattern of preference to horns that delivered constant directivity (especi...
Pages (45): [ «    20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35    »]

Current Time: Wed Aug 14 11:54:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio