Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
446 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 16 March 2010 14:14 «» By: krikor
Re: Just scored a pair of 3pi speakers!
Since last Thursday? Still VERY happy. I put the MG1.6s back in the mix on Sunday and was surprised when I found myself itching to get back to the 3Pi. The Maggies strike me as having a more extended and clearer top end, and definitely more oompf d...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 16 March 2010 11:31 «» By: Wayne Parham
Baffle Step
In my opinion, baffle step compensation filters can be useful, but only for a fairly limited number of loudspeaker types. I think they are way overused in the DIY community. BSC filters are best suited for little mini-monitor speakers with small baffle...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 11 March 2010 09:31 «» By: krikor
Re: Just scored a pair of 3pi speakers!
Wayne - thanks for charts. Tom-m - I have now had a chance to get the 3pis better positioned and spent a little more time with them the past couple nights. First off, I am very impressed... it is a rare occurrence when I drop a new speaker into the...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 24 February 2010 20:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Advantages of getting a 3D speaker
If what you want is loudspeakers that create a very good illusion that sound sources seem to be coming from places matching what you're seeing on the screen, then I would suggest studying the topics of constant directivity, uniform reverberent field, Haa...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 22 February 2010 19:48 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Help me make the leap
Knowing that you want the imaging cues coming from a point source (as I do), why not use a point source for the midrange as well as the treble? I realize these comments are made in the array forum, but your comments beg the question. There are so...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 16 February 2010 16:05 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Multiple Subwoofers
I agree in all aspects except the points of asymmetry and number of corner sources. I realize you know my position in this matter but I'll restate just in case other readers don't. There are two schools of thought on this, one championed by Todd Welt...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 21 January 2010 20:08 «» By: Wayne Parham
Information about π Speakers
I like the six π or seven π constant directivity cornerhorn speakers if the room has the right corners, or the three π or four π matched-directivity speakers if not. The eight π loudspeaker is sort of a budget hybrid model that also provides uniform dir...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 15 January 2010 23:50 «» By: Wayne Parham
Cornerhorns and constant directivity
You're about right. I wouldn't expect much directivity control below 500Hz in freespace. The corners set the pattern for a couple octaves below that. In my opinion, this is the biggest benefit from corner placement: It gives the loudspeaker designer ...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 17 December 2009 19:28 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 Pi and 7 Pi bass response- More similar or different?
SET is an abbreviation for single ended triode. FET is field effect transistor. I was trying to describe the difference as being like a high quality Class A tube amp compared with a high quality Class A solid state amp. Both are detailed, both s...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 17 December 2009 09:44 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 Pi and 7 Pi bass response- More similar or different?
To me, they definitely sound more alike than different. All my speakers have basically the same tonal balance, and they're all designed to generate a uniform pattern. They all use the same tweeters and woofers, at least in "families" - three ...
Pages (45): [ «    18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33    »]

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 00:48:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio