Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
500 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 07 January 2002 16:00 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: rc network with active crossover?
See the earlier posts about Sallen-Key
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 07 January 2002 15:39 «» By: jlharden
rc network with active crossover?
Hi Wayne! I've gotten information and perhaps misinformation on this topic. What's the final verdict, is it possible or advisable to use an rc network between the amplifier and hf driver when going active? And is top octave compensation even possible when ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 16 December 2001 11:09 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Extended High End on Compression Drivers
The built-in CD equalization in the Behringer crossover (and other active crossovers) is intended to do the same thing as the top-octave compensation in my passive crossovers. So just switch it in when using a horn that needs it.The horn isn't actually wh...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 04 December 2001 13:48 «» By: Wayne Parham
Active crossovers and equalization
You won't need an additional parametric equalizer. Just use an active crossover that has CD equalization built-in. The only thing is, you want a curve like shown below. If the EQ is just basically a diagonal line, rising at 6dB/octave but without the fl...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 03 December 2001 19:11 «» By: bmar
Re: thoughts on going active
Hi George,I have few pair of JBL cs3115's (not Pi's as yet!)Im using a Peavey active crossover http://www.peavey.com/processors/xd234.htmlyou cant beat a Behringer for the money, and Rane is great stuff though i dont own any. I have read about guys running...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 03 December 2001 15:20 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: thoughts on going active
When biamping, the best thing to do is to provide top-octave compensation in the active crossover. Many active crossovers have a setting for this. What you want for your tweeter is a curve that looks like this:
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 15 November 2001 18:38 «» By: str8aro
Re: the worst speakers ever!! jbl 4655
Well, if you look at the JBL response graph (which is way too small to be of much use and probably smoothed a lot - no way of really knowing, though), there's about a 5dB dip that's fairly broad (getting close to half an octave, maybe?), probably at the cr...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 11 August 2001 23:16 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Active Filters
Another thing to look at is Sallen Key filters. Sallen Key filters provide adjustable crossover frequency, slope and filter Q. It provides an almost unlimited number of parametric EQ functions, from overdamped to underdamped - having a "suck out" or a hu...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 07 April 2001 09:19 «» By: jlharden
crossover parts
Hi Randy,I've seen a lot of your posts around here and at the Klipsch board as well. I'm glad to see people active in keeping the audio hobby (sickness?) alive! I would strongly consider ordering a free copy of the Parts Express catalog. They offer premium...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 21 March 2001 21:15 «» By: RBP
Re: Hello World!
Cool deal! With my new 2A3 Amplifiers, high effeciency is the goal.The very best I have achieved were Klipschorn bottoms made from 1 1/4" particleboard, coated with 34 LBS of Clear RTV. I loaded them with Gauss 15" using a 2226H cone assembly mated with Ga...
Pages (50): [ «    35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50]

Current Time: Mon Aug 12 23:11:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio