Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
500 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 03 March 2002 00:19 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: rc network with active crossover?
Looking back at this post, I realized that I had misread your question. You wrote, "is it possible or advisable to use an RC network between the amplifier and HF driver when going active?"But what I read was, "is it possible or advisable to use an RC netw...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 12 February 2002 16:17 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: does your active xover have HF eq built in?
Look through your manuals because I think your crossover has an option for CD equalization. That's what you want. If not, you'll need to find another way to add EQ.
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 12 February 2002 16:14 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: More active crossover answers
If there are no reactive components between the amp and the speaker motor, there is no need for a Zobel. Its purpose is to damp the electrical filter formed by the crossover components and the motor itself. A compression horn tweeter will need augmentati...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 12 February 2002 07:59 «» By: ToFo
More active crossover questions
Replay has me thinking. I have an active 4th order x-over and 2 Adcom gfa 5400 amps. Would it be best to run theater 4 Pi's without the passive network? This is probably a no brainer, but my concerns are...How will the Delta 15 sound without a zobel?It mak...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 12 February 2002 06:39 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: does your active xover have HF eq built in?
When running an active crossover, remove the passive crossover, including the tweeter compensation circuit. At the preamp/crossover, provide tweeter EQ with the following curve:
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 15 January 2002 20:05 «» By: Rudi
exteme bass drowning out treble and midrange
I've got a soundsystem that I have in my own club the problem isthere is more than plently enough thunderous bass,but this drownes out the midrange and treble,so many clubbers complain.It consists of 8 x 18 inch scoop bass bins loaded with EMINENCE KILOMAX...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 08 January 2002 06:54 «» By: Mike Bates
Hello, no I have no experiance with that driver. The information at the JBL site (graphs) indicates a much higher resonance at around 700 cycles were the 2001 is down around 300 cycles. I believe the JBL will only go to around 800 cycles and start to roll ...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 08 January 2002 03:21 «» By: jlharden
Good deal. I will read up on the Sallen-Key circuits. Thanks for the info! Jerrod
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 08 January 2002 03:17 «» By: jlharden
Hi Mike!Thanks for butting in here! I'm very interested your opinion because you have direct experience with the SB horns. Have you ever used (or heard) a JBL 2426 in conjunction with the SB Baby Grand? I'm wondering what I could expect with these and what...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 07 January 2002 21:31 «» By: Mike Bates
Sorry to butt in here again -- I've been doing passive eq (compensation) with an active crossover or even better in my opinion a passive line level crossover for a while now. It really works great. Nothing different in designing one. You just leave out the...
Pages (50): [ «    35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50    »]

Current Time: Mon Aug 12 17:53:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio