Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 08 April 2002 18:30 «» By: KevinP
Re: Compensation components require specific R1 and R2 instead of an L-Pad
I suppose if you want to try and active crossover you would just leave the compensation network in place? Any thoughts on using an active crossover with 4th order slopes?
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 04 April 2002 23:07 «» By: dbeardsl
we don't need no stinking subject.
Thanks Wayne. Cool, I believe ya, makes sense, as long as I'm not feeding it a big sine wave at box resonance, air speed should be fine.I was just suprised my the amount of huffing when I played the M252's at real low in a box tuned to 32hz. Anyway, those...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 31 March 2002 21:38 «» By: Wayne Parham
Since I couldn't be there... Mini-Midwest Audiofest
I couldn't make the Midwest Audiofest and neither could Greg R. So since we were feeling "all left out," we decided to have our own little Mini-Midwest Audiofest today, here in Tulsa. Actually, since there was only two of us and the event in Lima had ove...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 27 March 2002 14:27 «» By: Wayne Parham
To faithfully transform the electrical representation of sound back into an acoustic signal
All models of π Speakers are intended for home use, except the folded horns, which are suitable for large scale sound production. In home listening environments, we want a system with good frequency response, low distortion and wide dispersion, particu...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 27 March 2002 11:21 «» By: ToFo
Re: My observations and some basic measuring show...
My pleasure Erik,I think these are good subjects. As for your question a few lines down, I would want to see frquency response graph for that 12" and please know that this is a little out of my expertise. I feel that an active solution would be best in you...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 27 March 2002 10:28 «» By: ToFo
My observations and some basic measuring show...
...that the delta 15 used in theater 4Pi delivers the goods up to x-over. I was sceptical when I came across the Pi loudspeaker designs. I couldn't turn away from so many raving fans, so I had to hear for myself. Right away I noticed that delta 15's are ve...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 21 March 2002 13:17 «» By: Chris R.
Re: cheap skate amp award?
I'm supposed to take delivery from UPS today of a Klipsch V.2-400computer speaker amp. Its 4x60W + 160W subwoofer (80Hz). I planon making an active crossover and use it to bi-amp the JBL 3677's.It was $100. Crossover will cost me maybe $20 to make. I t...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 20 March 2002 19:11 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: gettin ready for lima - fun experiments!
I sent your wood horns, JBL 2426 compression drivers, and some π crossovers. Do something while you're there - Just for fun. Remove the compensation circuits and just run the crossovers, stock. Listen to the difference. Also, take a good quality 10u...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 15 March 2002 12:56 «» By: Rudi
Active crossover vs passive crossover
up to about 500w rms using a passive crossover whether it is,2 way, 3way,bandpass,highpass,lowpass,1st order,2nd order,3 rd order,4th order it is cheaper for up to 500w rms.But when it is over 500w ,use an active crossover which is cheaper than the passive...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 03 March 2002 00:19 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: rc network with active crossover?
Looking back at this post, I realized that I had misread your question. You wrote, "is it possible or advisable to use an RC network between the amplifier and HF driver when going active?"But what I read was, "is it possible or advisable to use an RC netw...
Pages (50): [ «    35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 18:00:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio