Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 04 May 2002 16:17 «» By: Shanko
My Oris/10Pi system
Seems to be quite some interest in combining Oris horns with Pi bass reflex or horn cabinets. This is a big write up, but bottom line is, I can tell you, this works.Last year, I heard the Oris 150 system at a friends place. The Oris was loaded with PM4/A...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 04 May 2002 09:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Differences between "normal" of "horn"-type active filter.
There are several thing to consider when setting up your loudspeaker system and its crossover and contour electronics:1. The electro-mechanico-acoustic response of the driver(s)2. The acoustic filter function of the cabinet/horn/chamber(s) 3. The direct...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 04 May 2002 04:16 «» By: _Wim_
Differences between "normal" of "horn"-type active filter.
Hi I am in the middle of building an active speaker system (actually I have already one but I am not fully satisfied, it consists of a 15 inch Karlson cabitnet and a Cetec-Gauss/Jbl combo) I am planning on building a 4-PI cabinet and using the same motors...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 17 April 2002 16:29 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Active Crossover Designs
Please see the post called "Active highpass filter".
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 17 April 2002 15:45 «» By: KevinP
Active Crossover Designs
Ordering the parts for a set of 4Pi Premium series. I want to experiment with active crossovers and I've dug up a couple DIY designs that I'd like to build. Both will allow me to pick crossover points, use 4th Order designs and do some level matching. W...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 17 April 2002 11:06 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: one π, two π and four π kits
It is impossible to run a four π loudspeaker without a crossover. You can replace the passive crossover with an active one, but the speaker needs some type of crossover. As for the level of complexity building a kit, no soldering is required, so it's ...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 16 April 2002 09:34 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: crossover design... help....
>> i want to build the speakers with the capability of being bi-amplified,>> so, it is OK if i wire the direct inputs straight to the drivers, with the>> crossover still conected? or i must disconnect the crossovers to avoid problems?Disconnect them. When...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 10 April 2002 19:04 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Active highpass filter
Below you'll find a rough draft design I made of an active crossover for bi-amp applications. It needs a section for the high-pass "rumble filter" as you've described added to the LF section. And it might be nice to add another jumper-selectable section ...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 10 April 2002 09:55 «» By: dbeardsl
Active highpass filter
For high power applications, I'll definately need a steep active high pass crossover. Probably right at or right below the tuning frequency correct?So How do I get one? should I go read up on active filters and make my own? Or is there a source for rel...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 08 April 2002 19:34 «» By: Wayne Parham
Active crossovers
Compensation components R1, R2 and C1 don't work independently. Every component in the passive crossover (including the drivers themselves) interact to produce the overall response curve. When implementing an active crossover, it is best to provide tweet...
Pages (50): [ «    35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 17:56:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio