Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 08 July 2002 20:49 «» By: Chris R
Re: active or passive
I've been working on an active crossover for months and I finallyfinished it over the weekend. Right now, I'm driving one ofthe two JBL 3677s's I got. I kludged a Klipsch plate amp intoplaying bi-amp duty just to try everything out. While certainlynot i...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 05 July 2002 15:04 «» By: Adam
Re: Adam read -
Well, I'm not too crazy about sealed boxes. There is no doubt in my mind that a sealed box can sound good, but I personally think that a ported box will sound better with the right driver if you design the box properly, and will go deeper and be more effi...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 03 July 2002 15:12 «» By: Undecided
Bass cabinet recomendations - need tips
I'm building a sound system with four PHL 1120 midranges and a Raven2.0 tweeter per cabinet. I picked those drivers because I like thesound quality and efficiency. I'm worried about the bass guitar reproduction, I want qualitybass at high spl to mate wit...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 13 June 2002 14:19 «» By: Adam
Re: crossover caps...
What on earth do you need 400 volt caps for??? That's like... Well damn that is a LOT of power.If you are seriously talking power levels like that, you'd be better off going with an active crossover... 250 volt caps are *plenty* (enough to handle the power...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 29 May 2002 17:52 «» By: Michael L
Re: linkt to π Speaker Crossover Document
Hi. I have been trying to access the crossover paper π Speaker Crossover Document, but nothing happens when I click the link. Is the link active?Thanks.
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 22 May 2002 21:49 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Reverse attenuation and HF comp. networks, active X-over
This is what we want:Tweeter output from π passive crossover
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 20 May 2002 22:34 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Reverse attenuation and HF comp. networks, active X-over
The formula is dB = 20 log V1/V2, so you'll need approximately 1/3rd value shunt resistance for a 10dB attenuator. The thing is, you're doing more than just padding, so a resistive voltage divider isn't all there is to it. The crossover provides the trad...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 20 May 2002 21:30 «» By: Chris R.
Reverse attenuation and HF comp. networks, active X-over
Hi Wayne, I'm about 3/4 way done building an active crossover for bi-ampingthe 3677's I got from JBL. What I began thinking about is the HFcomp network. Since it ends up being a bypassed voltage divider,I was trying to figure out what resistor values ...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 16 May 2002 15:34 «» By: Robert Hamel
Thanks Wayne that's what I thought. Hey Sam P. 2035 users.
A little off topic but Help!! I am running 2035's and using L/R at 250hz. What is really strange is I am only getting about 93/94 db out of them in that passband????? That is very contrary to the numbers Sam P posted about them. I know a L/R is 6db down at...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 06 May 2002 07:01 «» By: Kevin P
Using a JBL 2405 w/2" compression driver.
Wayne,Couldn't help myself and bought a 2445/2380 combination to use over my Kilomax 15". I was considering buying a pair of JBL 2405s to use on top and forgo the compensation. What kind of crossover do you recommend for integrating a 2405 with the 2445/...
Pages (50): [ «    35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 18:02:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio