Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 05 September 2002 17:23 «» By: Sam P.
yeehaw, no smoke came out
Marchand XM9 active crossover kit went together in about 15 hours, and was a "zero defect" project. No hum, no crosstalk, just good sound. For initial tests I just decreased the HF level adjustments by 12dB per the dial marks. Done for tonight, time to ...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 28 August 2002 13:30 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: subwoofer cabinet size
The plans I distribute are for 10ft3 cabinet, before internal component displacements are even considered. And you can get excellent performance from a 2245 using as little as 6 cubic feet. PiAlign suggests 8 cubic feet, tuned to 30Hz. Anything from abo...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 22 August 2002 12:05 «» By: bmar
Re: welcome to the active world!
Hi George,I'm not running tubes on the top anymore. :( I am moving all the power amps to the basement directly under where the system is. I dont like the fan noise and makes a lot of heat. Its all taking up a lot of room too. I'm going to use the tubes ...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 21 August 2002 19:20 «» By: bmar
Active X user's, system set up
Hi All,I'm posting this for anyone using multi amps and active crossovers.After weeks of fiddling with the crossover and amp gains. Using a RS meter and audio test CD. I kept finding some things sounded great and others didn't sound as great or I would mak...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 20 August 2002 00:14 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Sallen-Key filters and crossovers
So your cabinet will be about 9 cubic feet and have a 6" x 10.5" port that's 14" long. Is that what you decided on? Will your 511's be baffle mounted or will your mount them externally, on top?About your crossover, maybe we'll look at your crossover with...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 18 August 2002 18:23 «» By: Wayne Parham
Sallen-Key filters and crossovers
We put labels on things, really just to discuss them. But the fact is that, from an engineering perspective, there are a lot of different circuit topologies. They are formed from capacitors, inductors, resistors and from active components of various type...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 18 August 2002 16:32 «» By: EZ_Angus
more on (or moron on ) crossovers
I have a couple questions about recent threads on this forum. first is active v. passive x-over. In my mind there are three possibilities here (besides the no x-over fr driver like i use now): passive after the amp, passive before the amps, active before t...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 18 August 2002 08:11 «» By: mikebake
Tangential digression, flame shield engaged.
Nah, never went away from them! Actually, my personal crusade is for active crossovers; how we put up with the degradation the passive units give us when we chase all kinds of other marginal improvements is beyond me, especially when such a good solution e...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 06 August 2002 00:27 «» By: Pascal
Re: RLC Filter for Eminence Delta 12 LF
Hello Wayne,Thank you for your answer. The problem for me at this time is that I can't build active filter. For the future, yes, I will build a tube crossover and a mosfet amplifier for basses. But at this time I can only use a passive filter or replace th...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 31 July 2002 18:08 «» By: bmar
Re: Active crossover for 4Pi with 2235 Pi sub
Kelly,The best crossover point will be some what dependent on your room. For instance I have wood floors and some low frequnecy boosting problems because of theat. when I crossed at 80 with a 4th order, It still gave me too much around 100-150hz. I found t...
Pages (50): [ «    35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50    »]

Current Time: Sun Sep 15 23:51:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio