Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
500 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 17 November 2002 01:02 «» By: Wayne Parham
A fun evening!
This was a fun evening, 'cause I sort of "took the night off." Instead of working on any projects, Alona and I went up to the little warehouse studio and took a few DVD's. It's fun at the studio because the telephone rarely rings and we can take our favo...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 09 November 2002 20:22 «» By: bmar
Re: Crossover attenuation
Hi Kelly,If you use a bypass cap in the attenuation portion. This will tend to equal things out. The lower of the tweeter frequencies are attenuated the full amount and the bypass cap allows (it's values worth) the upper frequencies to pass through the att...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 30 October 2002 19:03 «» By: bmar
Re: Gettin' down to Crossover Cases
I'm in agreemant with Wayne. I cross my system just a little higher. 400 and 1900. Thats the range though. 300-500; 1.6k-2kactive you can dial it in nice. passive will cost a fortune for a 3way everytime you want to try something new. I would still say tha...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 30 October 2002 16:45 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Gettin' down to Crossover Cases
I recommend 300Hz and 1.6Khz crossover points, and use the π crossover configuration for the tweeter, exactly as on the two-way units. For the 300Hz point, the components used in a passive unit get a bit large, so it might be better to go active. But ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 25 October 2002 15:55 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Any progress on the active cross-over mentioned a while back?
No, and the worst part is that tomorrow I'm going to visit with Kevin Grier, and he's planning on using the active crossover, so I promised to look it over with him. The second worst part is that it is actually very simple, and I just need to run the numb...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 13 October 2002 21:58 «» By: David_W
My new speakers (1 Pi inspired)
HelloI made a pair of speakers that were inspired by the 1 Pi using the Alpha 8 and Vifa H26TG-35 tweeters. I am impressed with the sound coming out of them, although the tweeters need about 2 dB attenuation. I used a larger enclosure than the 1 Pi, 1.3 ...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 22 September 2002 14:30 «» By: Wayne Parham
Coils on one π's and two π's
I took a moment to build a couple of loudspeakers with cable assemblies containing a 0.5mH coil, and to compare them with equivalent speakers having no coil installed.0.5mH coil and mounting screwAs you might expect the effets are pretty subtle. In fact, ...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 12 September 2002 14:36 «» By: Wayne Parham
Crossover networks for horns
Kevin Grier (EZ_Angus) bought an active tube crossover, and I'm hoping to find time to look over the circuit with him. It would be nice if it were able to be setup to have a response curve like the π crossover, since that is what is required for flat s...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 12 September 2002 12:12 «» By: Sam P.
why not consider an active tube xover
to go with those tweaked paramours? Schematics are not hard to find, heath kit had one, "marchandelec.com" sells a current kit that is tube based. Wayne's suggestion involving the 47kohm loads might be hard to implement unless you know the input Z of you...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 12 September 2002 09:36 «» By: Garland
Crossover question for Wayne or anyone else, for that matter!
Is it possible, using the components in my Theater 4 Pi's crossover to construct a crossover to split the line level signal from my preamp to allow biamping the Pi's. If so, can you, or anyone, be somewhat specific about how to do it? Is this what is call...
Pages (50): [ «    35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50    »]

Current Time: Mon Aug 12 17:53:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio