Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 15 January 2003 01:23 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Active filters
I did an IC active crossover a while back, and it was based on op-amps. It was really a "napkin" design, in that I didn't spend any real time on it and it was more of an idea or direction - A demonstration of the kind of filters I would use. But it was a...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 14 January 2003 22:19 «» By: Wayne Parham
PSpice Setup
You'll need to add the directory into your Spice libarary path. So in the "schematics" section, click "Analysis" and then "Library and Include Files." Add "Tube.lib" to allow Spice to find the 6DJ8 model template. Then just open the Active Crossover sch...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 14 January 2003 07:23 «» By: billfort
I'm done the Altecs - how's the tube x-over coming?
Finally finished my Altec 604 cabinet project and thought I'd share my progress - here's a link to a page with a few pictures.All I need now is a tube active crossover, 12db slopes at 1500Hz, maybe a horn compensation network? :-)How's the crossover projec...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 08 January 2003 19:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Complex reactive/resistive loads
I think the bottom line here is that there's a lot of ways to skin a cat. If you're a tool man, then you can relate this to hydraulic vs. mechanical set packers. If you're going horizontal then you better run hydraulic. Of if you need to set more than o...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 08 January 2003 18:04 «» By: Charlie
Re: Complex reactive/resistive loads
Can somebody please help out a poor old oil-patch engineer here? I've read dozens of these cross-over design debates and most of it goes over my pipe-and-pumps head (if it ain't Ohm's Law it's beyond me). But what I conclude is that all these debates are e...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 05 January 2003 14:34 «» By: BillEpstein
Re: Theater 4 passively biamped
Okay: the SET is direct to the horn taps and the P-P to the woofer taps on the crossover, that much I follow. And the benefits. Hope to have that soon with the Ella EL-34 on the woofer.What does the "active" crossover bring to the table, besides a longer s...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 02 January 2003 02:51 «» By: Wayne Parham
6DJ8 Tube Crossover
I've put the Spice model online for the π implementation of the 6DJ8 tube crossover. You'll need OrCad's version "PSpice" to run this model, and you'll need to install the libraries contained in the distribution file. It's a pretty big distri...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 25 December 2002 12:39 «» By: pav
Active implementation of π compensated crossover using 6DJ8 tube
Its very intresting. tell some more i will make pi 7 horn speaker.
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 20 December 2002 21:14 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Hows everyone making out for Christmas?
I'm in the same boat as you - I have most everything done (finally) but still a couple of last minute things. Seems like the season came up on us faster this year.I've got a Paramour kit in the box, haven't even opened it yet. And I've got some work to d...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 19 December 2002 09:53 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Another question for Wayne:
Go ahead and get Kaufman's PCB and you can add the filter components to that. Steve Bench has indicated that he thinks there are enough plate-through holes to install compensation components.With the holidays, I've stopped messing around with anything exc...
Pages (50): [ «    33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 14:57:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio