Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
500 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 07 March 2003 15:04 «» By: Sam P.
lastest project pics
Thanks to the dotcom daughter, here's a link. The tube active crossover is working great, with the one "glitch" that only ONE ic ground connection from the source is needed...use two and hum/buzz is there. Both channels work fine, just need one ground/sh...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 03 March 2003 17:37 «» By: spkrman57
Re: tube active crossover LISTENING TESTS
Sam, How are you doing, we discussed time/phase alignment in the past. I am curious what you are using as your high-frequency drivers that you need MC-240 to run. I am thinking of using mine as bottom end amp and one of my flea-powered amps for my Altec ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 03 March 2003 17:10 «» By: bmar
hey Sam, Thats great. you've been pretty diligent with this project. I wish I had the electrical skills some of you have to works on these projects from scratch like this. I need a kit and some good instructions! nice going man,Bill
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 03 March 2003 15:43 «» By: Wayne Parham
Glad you got the bugs worked out! I'll bet you really got that gear singin'!!!
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 03 March 2003 11:00 «» By: Sam P.
tube active crossover LISTENING TESTS
have officially begun:) Damn, I was having sinking spells about the hum problem, until I remembered my XM9L has the p/s center tap/ground point earthed via a 100 ohm resistor. I checked Phil Marchands web site, and sure enough in his MEGA-buck tube desig...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 27 February 2003 21:57 «» By: ToFo
Just for Kicks : ) kinda long
Garland,I should know this after a year plus on this forum, but have you exhausted all usable speaker/listener locations (esp. near corners)?I wonder if you have a room cancellation prob. I have 4Pi's and I can do bad things to my house in the 20's of hz (...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 06 February 2003 18:03 «» By: bmar
Re: Life beyond 1" ?
The 3way system is the same as the 2way system with an added JBL 2425 1" driver on a small horn. This was also just "added" to the two way active crossover with a simple 1st order passive. no rocket science tonight, just playing around.
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 31 January 2003 11:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: π three-way passive crossover 250Hz/1.6kHz
Sorry, no, I don't have plans to develop an active three-way crossover any time soon. I'll not be doing any further audio development work until at least 2nd quarter 2003 because of other commitments.
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 31 January 2003 04:39 «» By: 813
Re: π three-way passive crossover 250Hz/1.6kHz
Hi Wayne Is there a chance of an active valve 3-way crossover too? Your version of the 2-way crossover is interesting, but a 3-way would be even better. And the crossover points is just what is needed for my own speakers. All the best Jan
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 28 January 2003 06:37 «» By: Sam P.
don't need to sim it
to build it, as I believe Wayne has already done the sims for a Pi-type version or two. I am still investigating what my final filter topology will be, but 2nd order Bessel LP with a subsonic HP (20Hz or 30Hz.), taking into account the input Z of the foll...
Pages (50): [ «    32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47    »]

Current Time: Mon Aug 12 13:47:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio