Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 13 September 2003 14:46 «» By: insolace
Biamping floor monitors instead of passive xover?
Hi, I recently damaged the passive crossover in my floor monitors, so I'm considering just biamping them. The monitors use 12" woofers (i can't find the brand/model for the life of me, they were custom made by a friend who I've lost contact with), and mo...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 02 September 2003 19:12 «» By: Bill Martinelli
Re: Active Crossover
Hi Kelly,Wayne's right about the expensive stuff. never a problem with a receiver and always , lets just say challanging with seperates!This time its coming from from the expensive tube amp. This is the only one that is not connected with balanced lines fr...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 02 September 2003 15:05 «» By: LuxmanLover
Active Crossover
I'm not sure if this applies to you Bill, but I went to an active XO a while back and experienced hum that wasn't present with the passive XO. My problem turned out to be cable related. On the back of my XO (Urei 525) there is provision to use XLR's or bar...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 01 September 2003 16:54 «» By: Bill Martinelli
Re: What he said!!!
Hi Wayne,I'm going to try your suggestion of the flat cable too. I forgot all about using a zobel on the tweeter. I like to use a small amount (6 or 8db) of passive attenuation on the tweeter with my active crossover. If I use just the active crossover I ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 22 August 2003 10:08 «» By: Larry Acklin
How do you tell when a horn "unloads"?
OK, I have these big EV 2ft by 4 ft (at the mouth) mid horns that go down to 100-150 hz or so. The ev D12x woofer/mid in a 1 cubic ft box that drives these monsters has response to 55 hz. Can I feed pink noise into one of them (outdoors) and use an RTA to ...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 10 August 2003 16:29 «» By: mollecon
Okay, let me try...
Taking it from the top :-)Quote:"...didn't use a passive crossover, actually the have only hi-pass filter for the piezo?"Well, one of the tricks that's in using a piezo is that it doesn't need a cross-over - it cuts off lower frequencies by itself, because...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 05 August 2003 19:19 «» By: Anonymous
Re: Thank you... another question
My system is work in progress and everything will be active crossovers.Stage Accompany told me this about the crossover.======================================================================"13 ohms is indeed the best impedance value to start your calculat...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 14 July 2003 11:44 «» By: Larry Acklin
Re: I need some good PA designs that can work for JBL drivers!!!!!!!!
Don- I agree with Wayne's suggestion of the 10 pi. Put a pair on the FLOOR, each side, next to each other, so the horns couple, and you will get loads 'o bass. Two horns in close coupling get you more and a lower cutoff. (I would not go below 60 Hz tho.) ...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 08 July 2003 05:07 «» By: Sam P.
Re: Diffraction and Baffle Spacing - critic this design?
a)hf horn positioned too highb)woofer too far from floorc)midrange is doing 300 to 1khz?, why bother with 3 way?!advice: look into Wayne's 4 Pi Pro design or one using the Eminence drivers. a high performance passive crossed two way will be "tweakable" by...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 07 July 2003 22:08 «» By: Adrian Mack
Diffraction and Baffle Spacing - critic this design?
Hi guys,Above is a diagram showing something that I might be building. As for crossovers, I'm using the 1Khz two-way Pi crossover, and the other crossovers are all active, probably 2nd order LR or something (these are transient perfect?). Now... onto the m...
Pages (50): [ «    30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 14:47:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio