Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 07 January 2004 12:21 «» By: akhilesh
Re: Any good suggestions for subwoofers with full ranges?
I have 2 questions seeker:1. Do you think the active crossover may have some phase effects, which presumably taking all output (incl bass) from one amp and then attenuating it and reamplifiying won;t, 2. Could you give us the website of teh x0ver/bass equ...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 03 January 2004 18:55 «» By: Adrian Mack
Re: jbl 2370 horn flares + options
No auction, its another pro sound shop again. I'll ask how many is available as the website doesn't say. $50 each + postageI'm not actually sure how much the H290 flares are in Australia, but they will be more than $50. They retail something like $40 each...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 03 January 2004 08:38 «» By: wunhuanglo
Adding a Tweeter
I was thinking of experimenting with an additional tweeter. I'm thinking that if I were to add another 8 ohm driver and series cap in parallel with the top horn, the lowered impedence would not present a problem because of the limited power in that spectr...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 22 December 2003 09:53 «» By: hurdy_gurdyman
Re: Any good suggestions for subwoofers with full ranges?
akhilesh,In a typical box subwoofer the radiation pattern is omni-directional, thus equal amount of energy is aimed at the sidewalls as to the front and back. With open baffle, energy is directed only toward the front and back. Energy to the sides is canc...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 09 December 2003 09:39 «» By: JLapaire
Sweet!
Beautiful work, Bill. You could call them the Heritage Model or something, they certainly look like heirlooms.Seeing those inspires me to do something with my 511Bs and bolt-on PSD2002s. I wonder if the tweets would go low enough with a steep active cros...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 06 November 2003 05:14 «» By: Wayne Parham
Announcements
There are a lot of things going on, and here's a small list.Great Plains Audio Community Meeting - Saturday, November 8th, starting at 2:00pm. This will be held at Mark Margiotta's house, and directions and a proper announcement are at the link.Comparitiv...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 15 October 2003 00:04 «» By: peter.azinov@infoparc.com
Help with 10 Pi for bi-amped system
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.Currently i use a bi-amped system with fullrange driver and bass in closed boxes. Crossover frequency is 200 Hz. All amps are push-pull tube.I would like to construct a similar system with a front horn for the ful...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 12 October 2003 03:36 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: audiophile 3-way crossover
Most people are running this speaker active, but we do maintain stock on passive three-way crossovers. They are very similar to our two-way designs, having a compresion tweeter with compensation and standard Butterworth filters for the woofer and midrange...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 14 September 2003 16:37 «» By: Bill Martinelli
Re: 4 way active
I picked up a kit from Marchand Electronic to build a new crossover. I decided to build the solid state model XM44 with single ended and balanced connections. The tube model was a little over my head although after seeying it in the Marchand shop, It look...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 13 September 2003 16:20 «» By: Adam
Re: Biamping floor monitors instead of passive xover?
It depends... I tend to believe that apples to apples, an active crossover will sound better than a passive one, althought he difference won't necessarily be signifigant or even noticable.The situation you describe would be biamping with an active crossove...
Pages (50): [ «    29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 15:14:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio