Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 02 March 2004 01:42 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Passive Line Level Compensation Network?
Well, passive line-level crossovers have some similarities with active crossovers. The idea in both philosophies is to put the crossover ahead of the power amps instead of in the high-current circuit. An active crossover has a buffer amplifier and somet...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 01 March 2004 19:19 «» By: GarMan
Re: Passive Line Level Compensation Network?
I considered the crossover ahead of the amp, but that means I'd have to go active, and that's a much bigger project than a simple passive line level network. Most of the readings I've come across said that passive line level crossovers are great, but onl...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 26 February 2004 04:10 «» By: Adrian Mack
Re: crossover
Hi JoelI'm not Wayne of course, though I think your looking for a line level active crossover which provides a compensation curve the same as the Pi Passive crossover? Wayne has designed one of these before, see http://www.audioroundtable.com/PiSpeakers/m...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 24 February 2004 03:09 «» By: Adrian Mack
Re: I'll get the 2206, but 2241H or 2242H?
Hi AdkinsThe 2241 and 2242 are almost the same. Since the 2241 has a higher Qts, it doesn't form an EBS alignment if you want an F3 of 35Hz, but the 2242 will form a -3db shelf. There is nothing wrong with this, but I'm just pointing it out as you asked f...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 22 February 2004 09:38 «» By: akhilesh
Vintage drivers
Hi Scott,Thanx for the encouraging words. I love the vintage drivers. The EV drivers I have are not too vintage, and their T/S parameters indicate 20 cubic foot boxes. Of course, If i power them separately and have an active crossover, all i need worry ab...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 20 February 2004 11:07 «» By: replay
crossover
hi wayne, how are you doing? quick question. i'm currently using the rane active crossover with great success. i have a bryston crossover which bryston will program to x-over at 1.7khz. they tell me in mono the slope is 24db/octave however in stereo it w...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 19 February 2004 12:41 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Compensation circuits
You can biamp and use compensation components on the output, but if you put compensation on the input, you can generally use 10x less power. That gives you a lot more choices for suitable amplifiers.The π passive crossover is a complete system, and ...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 10 February 2004 07:45 «» By: Bill Martinelli
Re: Adjusting for difference in gain in biamping
If the gain on the hot sub system can't be controlled by the active crossover, then as Wayne suggest use a trim pot. I usually put a 100k pot between the input jacks and the amplifier. I like to put a DPDT switch to bypass the pot's too. All these crazy ...
9 Forum: General «» Posted on: Mon, 19 January 2004 23:25 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: They can
I kinda assumed that you wanted an active crossover. For passive, the solution Bill suggested using an LC filter and a Zobel should do the trick just fine. But for active, what about something like the JBL M552 or M553? Or then again, there are also lo...
10 Forum: Thermionic Emissions «» Posted on: Thu, 08 January 2004 15:19 «» By: Wayne Parham
DIY amp kits
I'd love to see a list of DIY kits compiled.If any of you know of some kits you'd like to recommend (and aren't affiliated with the kit makers), please list them here.I know that Antique Electronics (www.TubesAndMore.com) has some kits. There are also so...
Pages (50): [ «    28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43    »]

Current Time: Sun Sep 15 20:45:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio