Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 11 July 2004 10:36 «» By: Dean Kukral
So how does one do this?
I don't think that I have ever heard an open baffle speaker before. I would like to try one just to "see" what it sounds like. :)I have a nice horn tweeter, a JBL 2012, and an active crossover at 1600Hz. Can I just mount the 2012 onto a hole in a board ...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 05 July 2004 10:44 «» By: wunhuanglo
Re: This open-baffle speaker thing
I use active crossovers (Rane), but you can calculate basic crossovers at the link below.You can use the very simple "Edge" program to come up with a baffle size and driver placement. In general you want a rectangular baffle with assymetric placement of t...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 24 June 2004 09:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
Herd Mentality
Hi Martin,I've come to many of the same conclusions you have. There's been lots of times when I encountered this sort of thinking in discussions about loudspeakers over the years. It used to be, about 25 years ago, that sealed boxes were the popular par...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 16 June 2004 00:23 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: im a crossover dunce
Without doing analysis using dimensions and component specs, I can't give you any specific answers. But I can take a moment to illustrate the issues, and that might be more interesting for you anyway. Issues to consider: When you have a speaker with...
5 Forum: Thermionic Emissions «» Posted on: Thu, 03 June 2004 12:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: And an even more indepth article
Great articles, thanks. I had previously read Norman Koren's articles, but forgot about this one. He has done a lot of tube amp modeling with Spice, and I came across his articles while modeling Steve Bench's 6DJ8-based active crossover to include respo...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 02 May 2004 02:57 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 8pi tube electronic xover
I think it's an excellent idea. An active crossover is certainly an option. The tweeter should be third order and the midwoofer really doesn't use a crossover at all. Run the full range signal to the midwoofer and leave the 1mH coil in series with the ...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 24 April 2004 00:26 «» By: Adrian Mack
Re: Pictures
Starting at the 15" 2225H driver, it is 97db 1w/1m in its bass reflex box. The midrange horn is about ~104.5db 1w/1m. The compresion driver HF horn is something like 109db or 110db 1w/1m, after top octave HF compensation, it is padded to 100db 1w/1m or so...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 21 March 2004 06:16 «» By: akhilesh
Re: Suppose you had a really big pair...
HI,If you are using them for a sub, think about and active crossover, and biamping them in a much smaller enclosure. I have a pair of EV force 15s that are similar to yours, and if i ever get arounfd to using them, that is what i will do. -akhilesh
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 19 March 2004 11:27 «» By: akhilesh
Re: Building YOUR single driver speaker:
Thanx Martin. your opinion does help a lot. BTW, in my home brewed BR boxes, I use carpet, 3/4" baltic birch and 3 braces, and i don;t hear the bass as boomy at all... i think the bracing may be helping a bit in that regard. The midrange is now controlled...
10 Forum: Craftsmen «» Posted on: Sun, 07 March 2004 17:53 «» By: newsjeff
I'm getting closer ...
All is well in the world. I got the stubborn bolt out by prying the T-nut out with a screw driver. I didn't even damage the wood too much. The problem with the Delta 15 is solved. I had to re-solder the wires to the binding post/terminal. Easy fix. Now, I...
Pages (50): [ «    27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 11:48:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio