Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 21 September 2004 07:50 «» By: GarMan
Can slope be TOO high?
In an active crossover system, can the slope be TOO high? The norm seems to be 4th order (24dB/oct), but Marchand has an 8th order unit at 48dB/oct.What are the downsides to using an extremely steep slope and are there systems that are better suited to t...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 26 August 2004 14:49 «» By: GarMan
Re: Definately Maybe
I have a pretty good idea of what the speakers will look like in five year's time. 4-way, multi-amped (combination of tube and SS) and active (tube) crossover, just like you've described. But it'll be a long trip and I intend on taking my time and makin...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 11 August 2004 20:13 «» By: Norris Wilson
Jordan JX92S questions?
Hi everyone,I have been looking at the Jordan JX92S transmission line project on the Jordan website. The only damping material shown to be used on their site, is felt behind the driver. I have not built a transmission line speaker before, but I thought ...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 05 August 2004 22:05 «» By: akhilesh
Terry, could not really understand most of your post...maybe you can clarify?
Hi Terry,Thanx for joining in on this interesting discussion. I could not understand most of your post, so i will simply pose a few clarification questions & hope you can elaborate. -------Questions below----TC WROTE: "Notice in NP's design, ANY of his de...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 29 July 2004 11:56 «» By: Bill Fitzmaurice
Re: It won't work.
T lines do need to be properly designed and for the most part aren't used as subs as there are better/smaller ways. Full range T lines that will go to 20 Hz are viable- see Legacy.A baffle board only works but you give up a lot of sensitivity and bass res...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 29 July 2004 09:06 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Active Crossover
Good story. You're right that there are no external adjustment knobs on this crossover. You set crossover frequencies by changing components. I suppose you could make it switch selectable between a few set frequencies though. That's one thing about bui...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 29 July 2004 08:30 «» By: Yury
Re: Active Crossover
oh! I see. but this is unregulated version. it's ok. but me and other maybe has interest for regulate cutoff frequency, phase, level output signal.... more interesting will be for low freq output which is a difference between stereo output (filtered) and ...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 29 July 2004 08:13 «» By: Wayne Parham
Active Crossover
I can offer only a model of an active crossover that implements the same EQ as the passive π crossover. The model is made for PSpice and is based on the Steve Bench active crossover. Circuit boards are available. Active implementation of π compensa...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 29 July 2004 07:18 «» By: Yury
Re: about name of forum
hello Wayne!I couldn't write to "A few useful links.". and I think it's forum about passive crossover. I would talk about active one.can I? http://www.artmaydan.org.ua/stradivarius.html
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 19 July 2004 14:14 «» By: Jim Griffin
Re: A Few Answers
Allan,On the tweeters let me say that I really like the Pt2 planars versus the small domes eventhough you don't have that much array gain. If you have to increase the sensitivity, then wire them for a lower impedance (a 4 ohms array would yield 3 dB more...
Pages (50): [ «    26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 11:58:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio