Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 21 October 2004 07:57 «» By: Malcolms
active crossover
Hello Wayne, I have a friend that can build me a tube crossover. What specs for the stage 4pi do I need. He has experience building crossovers. Malcolm
2 Forum: General «» Posted on: Tue, 19 October 2004 08:16 «» By: GarMan
Re: Amp choices for multi-amp config
Hi JR.I haven't been to Joe's site. I've Googled his name but came up with nothing, so if you have the address, much appreciate it if you can forward it.I don't have any knowledge of the system where you experienced boredom with SS bass and PP highs. Bu...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 18 October 2004 16:29 «» By: GarMan
Re: active crossover
Hi Malcolm,If your preamp or active crossover doesn’t have an equalizer to adjust to the curve that Wayne showed, here’s a few ways to get around that:- Let the active crossover perform the high-pass, but keep the HF compensation network in the speaker. ...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 17 October 2004 20:49 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: active crossover
There is a lot of good information about active crossovers in this forum, so you might want to use the search feature and scan for "active crossover." Active crossovers are always nice because they give you the benefits of biamplification. The thing you...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 17 October 2004 18:30 «» By: Malcolms
active crossover
Hello Wayne, I'm finishing up my stage 4pi,s and came across the subject of active crossovers in the forums. I have a question as to whether a Behringer crossover would work with them. I have two 60 watt quicksilver mono blocks and a two channel gainclone...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 16 October 2004 09:20 «» By: Chris R.
Re: Triphon Crossover
I built an 18db, 1200Hz fixed crossover to use with the JBL3766's (or was that 3677's) for rather cheap. I used schematics bitsfrom The OpAmp Cookbook by Jung. I stuck an active balance control on each the inputs so I make the efficiency (high, low) adj...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 15 October 2004 22:44 «» By: GarMan
I've got two words for you ...
ACTIVE CROSSOVERAll that B.S. they talk about in audio reviews: transparency, inner resolution, imaging, clarity, presence, and did I say transparency? They really do exist!I have seen the evil that is passive crossover.Gar.
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 15 October 2004 15:45 «» By: Wayne Parham
Triphon Crossover
Selectronic has an active crossover kit called the Triphon that might be worth looking into as well. Talk to Eric Mainardi over on the Selectronic forum and maybe he can arrange a demo unit or something.
9 Forum: Thermionic Emissions «» Posted on: Mon, 04 October 2004 07:32 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Tubey Amps?
Hi John,No, the programs are for sale. But I think they have some evaluation versions available. It used to be that you downloaded them but now it looks like you request an evaluation CD. One thing I think is cool, is that you can draw a schematic and ...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 23 September 2004 10:17 «» By: Martin
Re: great train of thought
Hi Jim,"I again say that the BSC (new for Fostex206's) and correct psoitioning (which took me a bit of time to learn---I used Lynn Olson triangle method---and a 25ft tape to be exact--) great imaging"I am happy the circuit helped in your set-up. I find t...
Pages (50): [ «    25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 11:43:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio