Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
500 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 29 March 2005 09:13 «» By: Henry Eng
Re: which model of fostex's are you running??
I have the older 208 sigma. Tried it in a back-loaded horn. Construction was too much for me, so I decided not to try a second BLH cab. Also put it into Martin King's MLTL but the baffle step circuit sucked the life out of the driver. I also put it on an ...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 24 March 2005 17:13 «» By: Floyd Andrews
Altec 902 / Edgarhorns: compensation experiments
I've just gotten a pair of Edgarhorn 650 hz round horns to use with Altec 902 drivers. These have replaced a pair of JBL 2345 horns with Selenium 205 1" drivers. The new setup sounds fabulous; I couldn't be more pleased. After waiting about a week to get ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 20 March 2005 13:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Great Plains Audio Club March 2005 Meeting - Photos
This month's Great Plains Audio Club meeting was held at Akhilesh's house on March 19th at 2:00pm. Akhilesh made some excellent nachos and a great time was had by all.In attendance was Akhilesh Bajaj, Jim Denton, Phil Wilson, Mark Margiotta and me, and w...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 26 February 2005 04:49 «» By: JLM
Re: Speaker Search
Welcome Nick and thanks for the questions.Don't know you're musical tastes, room size, or what things you listen for. Single driver speakers provide a direct connection to the amp (they are "active" speakers by definition). They typically are easy to dr...
5 Forum: Silicon Valley «» Posted on: Tue, 22 February 2005 11:46 «» By: Martin
TEAC A-L700P Review
I have been looking to upgrade my amp and preamp for almost a year. I really want two amps so that I can also play with bi-amping my Lowthers with a 15" HE woofer and an active crossover. I know what I want, the wife has given her blessing, it is expens...
6 Forum: Silicon Valley «» Posted on: Wed, 09 February 2005 14:02 «» By: GarMan
Do I need a high powered SS when a GC might do?
One of my goals with this hobby is to eventually move into a three-way active crossover multiamp system. It's a long term goal and will develop as time and money is available.The next step I want to take is to build an amp for the woofer. It's a JBL 223...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 06 February 2005 06:07 «» By: JLM
Re: What would a horn do for a full range 8" like a Fostex?
Horn loading should only affect mid-bass (150-500 Hz for front loading, 50 - 300 Hz for rear loading) and is best suited for drivers with Qts of around 0.2 like Lowther or most Fostex. But at these lower frequency limits horns get BIG. High pressures th...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 03 February 2005 23:46 «» By: Anonymous
Parts Express Pioneer 4" Extended Range Driver
I'm one of those people that prefers the expensive drivers as I'd rather have one good quality driver over an array of cheapdrivers, ie, I have a $600 magnetic planer and I also have the'PT2' $30 planars and I still prefer the expensive beast over anarray...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 01 February 2005 01:11 «» By: ToFo
Re: Altec 511B / 811B users? opinions?
Hi jharden,The 2426 rolls off quite a lot in the top 2 octaves for an 811B. Some really like that sound. 811's actually sound better to my ears with a driver that's fairly hot on top. 811's are incredible with the right driver, but they don't have the cov...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 31 January 2005 10:22 «» By: Allan
Re: Finished a new array
thylantyr,"Got any tips for integrating the NSB to PT2?They seem to integrate themselves pretty well. As I mentioned before, it's helpful to have some way of boosting/attenuating the individual lines in the array. If you really wanted to go whole hawg, ha...
Pages (50): [ «    23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38    »]

Current Time: Mon Aug 12 10:30:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio