Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 10 May 2005 10:12 «» By: Spinjack
Re: 1 pi/7 pi Hybrid
I've actually though about building an active equalizer of sorts to act as a room correction gizmo. Maybe it could be an equalizer/crossover. I thought the 2 pi would be the right fit since the 2 pi and the 7 pi both had 10" drivers. Also, I was hoping to...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 09 May 2005 19:41 «» By: GarMan
Re: 1 pi/7 pi Hybrid
If you're going to use a corner horn for the bass, the One PI's might be worth considering. They don't go as low as the 2 PI's, but in this case, they don't have to. They're also smaller too.Active crossover / bi-amp would be a very good option.
3 Forum: Source «» Posted on: Wed, 04 May 2005 11:19 «» By: GrantMarshall
Re: Ipod
5,000 + songs on a portable battery operated device which the quality is supposed to be good on. 5 seconds to transfer a complete CD to the Ipod. A lot of books available at the local book supermart the functions they are so vast. The most stolen item ...
4 Forum: Swap Meet «» Posted on: Tue, 03 May 2005 09:10 «» By: TimG
Rane AC23 stereo 3 way active crossover
I will include RCA to 1/4" jacks to allow hooking up to home stereo amplifiers as well. A capacitor has been added to the high frequency section for CD horn compensation above 3000Hz. Asking $160.
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 27 April 2005 18:34 «» By: Madmike2
Aa open baffle array question
HI all. Found you through another site and i like what i have been reading here as well. My question involes building an array with an uncoupled front baffle but after reading most of that white paper i might already have my answer. I am going to ask the...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 25 April 2005 08:37 «» By: GarMan
Tangbands had me at Hello
Okay. I'm sold! These little Tangbands are amazing! I bought a five pack of them with the intent of using them for computer speakers. They arrived Friday, dropped them into the 0.1 ft^3 ELF cabinets I built, and they sang right from the start. Very e...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 10 April 2005 09:03 «» By: Wayne Parham
Zobel - Conjugate Impedance Compensation
There is no reason for a conjugate filter unless you are running a passive crossover. The main reason for a Zobel is to conjugate the inductance a speaker's voice coil, to counteract for its rising impedance. It is done to modify the behavior of the cr...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 09 April 2005 15:39 «» By: Vinicius
zobel network..many doubts!!
Hi, Wayne Parham and everybody(Sorry for my English!!)I'm from Brazil and I saw this post, and I still have a doubt!I have a bi-amplified system (two-way sytem or called component sytem) and a active crossover before de amplifier.The first doubt:I will ...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 03 April 2005 18:06 «» By: Jim Griffin
Re: MacIntosh XRT 29 Comments
Well, if you read what I said about the Mac design you should realize that 3000 Hz is too high to cross with this design unless you use smaller than 4" diameter drivers spaced really close together. You need to be shooting for a crossover in the low 2000...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 29 March 2005 09:13 «» By: Henry Eng
Re: which model of fostex's are you running??
I have the older 208 sigma. Tried it in a back-loaded horn. Construction was too much for me, so I decided not to try a second BLH cab. Also put it into Martin King's MLTL but the baffle step circuit sucked the life out of the driver. I also put it on an ...
Pages (50): [ «    22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 12:01:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio