Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 18 May 2005 09:39 «» By: Malcolms
Re: Active Crossover
Thanks for getting back Wayne. I already purchased the behringer. It's supposed to be able to configure everthing through software or manually. I just don't know exactly what values to input. check it out if you have time at the behringer sight. It's the ...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 18 May 2005 08:05 «» By: Wayne Parham
There are crossovers that come with the kits and are shown in the plans. If you're going to do your own active setup, you'll want to check summing through the crossover overlap region. There are several good solutions, all of them asymmetrical.
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 18 May 2005 07:39 «» By: Malcolms
The amps I have are Quicksilver 8417 mono blocs, which I have modded to accept either, 8417's 6550's or el34's. With the el34 it puts out about 35-40 watts. All I change is the bias. I would like to know more about adjusting the slopes Wayne was talking a...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 16 May 2005 19:11 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Why Independent?
Sometimes the best summing comes from an asymmetrical crossover having different slopes and crossover points. This is often the case when the drivers themselves have very different positions and characteristics, as most are. In the passive π crossover c...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 16 May 2005 12:22 «» By: andreas paulsen
Re: You've got mail!
ThanksThe box dimensions you're giving, does that include the loss of bracing the cabinet with a resonable amount of 1x2" lumber?What is the total volume displaced by the tweeter horn ? - I plan to use my philips ribbons instead (with active crossover) as...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 16 May 2005 06:35 «» By: Eric J
As someone who is building a system at the moment with active crosses, its damn difficult to find any power amp with left than 50 watts per channel unless you buy Vellum and build them yourself.So if you put in horns, its over kill. I'm currently leanin...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 15 May 2005 20:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Set it between 1.2kHz and 1.6kHz, no lower for the PSD2002. You want to be able to set the LF and HF points independently, if possible. Also, you'll want to be sure to use tweeter compensation or it will not sound good.
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 15 May 2005 11:23 «» By: spkrman57
60 watts of power for the horns, what stadium are you using these in?Seriously, I run my 4 pi-pro on SEP EL34(9 watts/chnl) and when I need the serious output, I use my MC-240(40WPC) and it threatens to blow the windows out.Keep us posted on the results!R...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 15 May 2005 11:12 «» By: Malcolms
Active Crossover
Hello, I finished building a pair of stage 4pi's using the eminence drivers. I just aquired a behringer dcx2496 digital crossover. I would like some info as to where to set the crossover points. I will be bi-amping using 60w tube mono blocs for the highs ...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 14 May 2005 07:47 «» By: Nubwitz
Do active crossovers......?
It would seem that there is a relationship between higher efficiency speaker's dynamic range and the benefits of an active crossover system, and multiple amps.Could anyone care to comment.Thank you in advance.
Pages (50): [ «    21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 10:52:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio