Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 03 June 2005 15:51 «» By: GarMan
Re: Question about this active crossover?
The Bugle's a great design and the use of OPA2134 opamps probably helps its sound too. Replace the stock opamps in this $100 XO with OPA2134's and you may end up with something very decent.My experience with active XO and multiamp-ing is that even if the...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 02 June 2005 16:47 «» By: Eric J
For that price you can purchase a used Rane AC 22 on ebay, and you will have a much much better piece of equipment.eric j
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 02 June 2005 14:57 «» By: BillEpstein
I heard, or should say, didn't hear the Marchand at Bill's. BUT, this thing is Less than $100. My Bugle uses op-amps and sounds great. I may give it a shot after I build the as yet un-named 45 mono blocks.
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 02 June 2005 08:25 «» By: GarMan
The other other Bill have used Marchand in his speakers. Martinelli might be able to give a review on them.
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 02 June 2005 08:02 «» By: Bill Wassilak
Don't know never used one. Check out Marchand Electronics they make hi quality x-overs and they also have them available in kits also. Marchand
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 01 June 2005 14:48 «» By: BillEpstein
Question about this active crossover?
Anyone know it? Would it be a quality (for the low price) way to bi-amp? Art 2 way stereo crossover
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 29 May 2005 20:21 «» By: swett
Should I build Pi's?
I've been lurking here for a long time and its finally time to build a new pair of speakers. The question is whether to go with something conventional, like the Ellis Audio 1801, or horns like the Pi's?I know these are two entirely different approaches, ...
8 Forum: General «» Posted on: Sun, 29 May 2005 11:57 «» By: Wayne Parham
2¢ more
Thanks for the link, Charlie.That's an excellent resource, particularly in regards to Altec history and driver specifics.I do want to offer 2¢ worth though. I think some additional comments are in order. For example, the writer indicates that he believe...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 26 May 2005 10:29 «» By: Martin
Re: Did Martin King do something with those?
I heard my Lowther DX3 ML TL powered by a neighbor's Bryston 3BST and it blew me away. Much faster and more dynamic then my old Adcom. So I got the idea to upgrade.I started searching for two channel SS amps and preamps, very slim pickings since everyth...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 18 May 2005 21:45 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Active Crossover
You might use something like Speaker Workshop to set it up. Watch the overlap range between 1kHz and 3kHz, and adjust the LF and HF curves for best response. The mechanical slopes of the two subsystems are different, one being the roll-on slope of a hor...
Pages (50): [ «    20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 07:57:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio