Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 03 August 2005 06:40 «» By: Frank Mena
Suggestions for Active crossover for Theater 4 pi (long)
Right now I have my Foreplay II & Paramours (with iron upgrade) with Theater 4 pi's and this system really kick's serious butt. Try as I might, my room dimensions/characteristic's won't let me get that bit of extra bass I would like to fill out the botto...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 29 July 2005 08:35 «» By: eric j.
Line Array woofer system
I was in discussion recenty with a friend about shifting my sub woofer system on the 2 way array that I'm building, to a full 3 way array with a line source woofer array too.To keep the cost down I would use $11.25 Goldwood 7 inch poly woofers(fs=35), an...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 28 July 2005 09:33 «» By: Larry Acklin
Re: Active xover's
Hi Grant- an active crossover splits the signal into frequency bands before the output amplifiers. The impedence of the drivers od not directly affect the crossover frequency, as in passive crossovers. However, driver impedence is inversely proportional...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 26 July 2005 23:53 «» By: akhilesh
Re: Why won't a single driver speaker do metal?
Bob Brines wrote:"It won't work for the SET crowd because the cross over has to be done either digitally, which kind of takes the shine off of vinyl, or has to be done actively at the pre-amp level which normally means some OP amps."Actually, I use the Xo...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 26 July 2005 23:39 «» By: akhilesh
Re: Why won't a single driver speaker do metal?
Hi Oz,I run mine upto 80-100 Hz usually, and with an active crossover. THe "single driver kicks in around then. -akhilesh
6 Forum: Source «» Posted on: Sat, 23 July 2005 20:34 «» By: GarMan
Re: OP Amp Upgrade
Thanks for the heads-up on the OPA627 Fred. I'd always thought the Burr Brown OPA2134 was a highend opamp. Many kits suggest using the 2134 as an upgrade. The phono stage I build using these sound very good to me. But I'd definately experiment with th...
7 Forum: Thermionic Emissions «» Posted on: Sun, 17 July 2005 11:31 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Fixed Bias v. Cathode Bias
I think he probably means the tube is biased so that it conducts a lot at idle. If you set idle current past 50% of saturation, you're kind of shooting yourself in the foot but up to that point there is some room to play with biasing.Class A circuits hav...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 08 July 2005 12:32 «» By: Eric J
Re: Hypothetical Question About Horns In Line Arrays
I defer to the experts, but according to the white paper, the center to center discussion is only for cone and dome speakers. The edge of the horn is the critical factor for horns.But the real problem as I see it is the huge difference in sensitivity bet...
9 Forum: Thermionic Emissions «» Posted on: Sun, 19 June 2005 13:04 «» By: John Chleapas
Re: 45 SE
Hello Akhilesh. I have posted a link to similar speakers. I have he 2360A 31" x 31" biradial jbl horns. I am using tad td-4001 2" compression drivers in them. This is my "cobbled" together 2-way sspeaker set up I got for my Dad to replace the JBL L300 Sum...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 15 June 2005 11:12 «» By: Anonymous
Re: That line array sound
>>Cone weight is lighter and the mass of air directly in front of the>>cone is much lighter. Hence faster? Isn't that punch? There is alot of myth and voodoo in audio. I don't buy into thesmaller drivers have better attack, punch, etc. I don't think theli...
Pages (50): [ «    19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34    »]

Current Time: Sun Sep 15 16:55:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio