Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
500 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 02 December 2005 08:57 «» By: MikeT
Re: Active Crossover Question
Thanks for the feedback Mr. Griffin- I have multiple amps and have even found the cabling. Was wondering about sound quality when using an active xover. What would make one better than another for home audio use? Any thoughts would be appreciated as I int...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 02 December 2005 08:44 «» By: Bill Wassilak
Don't just get an analog x-over, the way things are now days why not go to a digital x-over(DSP, also known as speaker management systems). For a few dollars more there well worth it, on many of them you can control the x-over slopes, time align, etc. etc...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 01 December 2005 18:32 «» By: Jim Griffin
Mike,An active crossover is an excellent idea for a line array. You'll have to account for the extra amplifiers you'll need and cabling as you realize. The benefit is that you can optimize each band some better and get better results than from a passive...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 01 December 2005 10:35 «» By: MikeT
Active Crossover Question
Is there any reason that a pro sound type active crossover would or would not work in a DIY speaker project. Thinking of a Behringer or Ashly model as seen at Parts Express. Just wondering.
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 28 September 2005 15:28 «» By: Martin Goedeke
OS Waveguides to match 12"
So I am in the process of finalizing my OS project to have turned out of solid hardwood (probably Jackaranda) by a fortunate aquaintance and a couple of questions remain unanswered.I am planning on a 90 degree waveguide to match my 12" P.Audio Winner 12S ...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 20 August 2005 12:19 «» By: Jerrod Harden
Re: "The three horns..."
Hi Bill, It certainly is a balancing act. It took me a long time to get it right in my head. I knew I didn't want to pad the midhorn, that was the opposite of where I was trying to go. So the midhorns are run wide open with only the inductor flattening th...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 03 August 2005 14:58 «» By: GarMan
Re: Suggestions for Active crossover for Theater 4 pi (long)
Chris, if I had a sub as nice as yours, I'd brag too.I'd only use the high-pass filter in a plate amp as a last resort. I think it's much better to use the natural rolloff of the main speakers and adjust the low-pass freq on the plate amp accordingly to ...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 03 August 2005 14:13 «» By: Chris R
I don't have the particular setup you have, but I built a sub withone of the plate amps from Parts Express. Its the 250W, no remoteone. Its driven from the HT receiver sub out, so no external XO.The plate amp does have line level stereo in/out, so you c...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 03 August 2005 11:34 «» By: GarMan
Frank,If you're using an active XO to divide the signal between your Theatre-4 and sub, there's no need for a passive XO in your sub.I re-read your original post again and you mentioned "active-sub" a few times. An "active-sub" usually has a plate amp (a...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 03 August 2005 09:25 «» By: Frank Mena
Thanks GarMan! Just one last (dumb) question.... with respect to your option one( which I like!!), for the subwoofer, am I correct in assuming it will have a passive crossover as well?Thanks
Pages (50): [ «    18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33    »]

Current Time: Mon Aug 12 04:47:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio