Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
500 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 29 March 2006 10:05 «» By: Peter K
Re: Is calculations of L-pads based on "nominal impedance" or Re?
Hi Wayne,Thanks a lot for your reply!Smoothing out the impedance curve is actually the main reason why I want to use L-pads (I will use an active crossover between the bass and the BMS, so level matching is not really necesary, but I may have to level bet...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 27 March 2006 15:51 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Compensation circuit when using active crossover
The series resistor will be dependant on load impedance. Bypass cap is found using the capacitive reactance formula, which is Xc = 1/2πFC. I'd say go with R=100kΩ and C=400pF. Go up and down doubling or halving values 'till you get where you want to...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 27 March 2006 14:56 «» By: ccvogel
Thanks, Wayne.Do you have the formulas for determining the series resistor and bypass [= parallel?] cap values? I seem to recall the the Loudspeaker Design Handbook had the formulas, but I no longer have a copy.ccvogel
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 27 March 2006 11:26 «» By: Wayne Parham
If your crossover has no options, then you'll have to provide your own EQ. The curve you want has a pretty simple shape, a flat shelf from the crossover point up to 4kHz and then rising response after that.If you don't have an equalizer, you could use a ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 27 March 2006 10:50 «» By: ccvogel
Thanks, LarryI can use this information to build a very simple compensation circuit.ccvogel
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 27 March 2006 10:45 «» By: ccvogel
Wayne,I have a very simple active crossover - no compensation options. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks,ccvogel
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 27 March 2006 09:50 «» By: Larry Acklin
The "textbook" answer from Peavey- a 6 db per octave boost, starting at 4K or so. I can get a close approximation using a graphic eq.You can vary to taste.Larry
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 27 March 2006 08:32 «» By: Wayne Parham
See if you have the option to configure CD compensation in the active crossover, either by jumper or setup menu. If you can, use it instead of compensation in the passive circuit.
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 26 March 2006 13:35 «» By: ccvogel
Compensation circuit when using active crossover
Wayne,I plan to use an active crossover between the 2226 woofer and 2426/2370 horn. What would your compensation circuit look like if it didn't have to perform the crossover duties? I have your Four-Pi crossover document; do some of the values just go to ...
10 Forum: Silicon Valley «» Posted on: Sat, 25 February 2006 18:36 «» By: Manualblock
Very Good Construction article
Rod Elliott has a good article in this months Practicle Electronics detailing how to construct his 3 way active crossover. It is very thorough and well written; even to the point of allowing a first timer to build this unit.
Pages (50): [ «    15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30    »]

Current Time: Mon Aug 12 04:15:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio