Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 24 June 2006 15:24 «» By: jshoc
Active Crossover - 4Pi Tower?
Anyone using active crossovers with their Pi Speakers?I was thinking about giving them a try with my 4Pi Towers (6.5 cu.ft, JBL 2446-16ohm, Eminence Delta Pro 15in) using a 24dB slope. Naturally, I will have to purchase another amp in addition to the act...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 24 June 2006 15:24 «» By: jshoc
Active Crossover - 4Pi Tower?
Anyone using active crossovers with their Pi Speakers?I was thinking about giving them a try with my 4Pi Towers (6.5 cu.ft, JBL 2446-16ohm, Eminence Delta Pro 15in) using a 24dB slope. Naturally, I will have to purchase another amp in addition to the act...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 23 June 2006 16:51 «» By: akhilesh
Re: Goodmans Update - Bass and Notch
Yup. I like to use active xovers often as filters. A 3-way active will allow a bass sub crossover and also some kind of a step filter (well if you can call 24 db per octave a step). Anotch will of course require either a parametric EQ or a 4 way active x...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 24 April 2006 08:34 «» By: ccvogel
Compensation circuit for 16-Ohm JBL 2426/2370
I decided to bi-amp and use a series cap on my 2426/2370 rather than using an active crossover. What values of cap and resistor should I use to compensate for the falling CD HF response if my tweeter is 16-Ohm?
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 23 April 2006 20:34 «» By: Crazy Dave
Re: Fostex SP11 MK II speakers
Your thoughts were similar to mine. The M&K is a powered sub with an active crossover. I do have a Dynaco ST-35 amp that might work well with it, as well as some good sand amps. I'm a vintage collector. It's too bad that nobody seems to know about the...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 19 April 2006 20:51 «» By: Jim Griffin
Re: Array driver question
Jose,The Nola design concept puts you into a 4-way speaker design (the Nola tower is a 3-way) if you add external subwoofers. Now you could integrate the subs with external crossovers or a set of plate amps with integral crossovers. What I'm suggesting ...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 18 April 2006 21:02 «» By: Jim Griffin
Re: Array driver question
Jose,I like your ambition to try to tackle a design like this. My preference vs. the Nola application would be to use a longer array (a true near field line array) with 4 to 6 inch diameter midranges from 80 to 100 Hz and then cross them over to the rib...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 08 April 2006 19:53 «» By: Jim Griffin
Re: Perfect line array
JP,Comments on your points first:1. Yes on the 8 Fountek NeoCD2.0.2. Essentially yes. With the Neo2.0 the crossover can be low enough so that trimming flanges would not be necessary.3. You don't necessarily need to power taper. If you do, just a litt...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 05 April 2006 08:23 «» By: Jim Griffin
Re: Xover and line array
JP,I have two ideas for you to consider. One would be to consider an active crossover (models from Rane, BSS, dBX, DEQX, Behringer, etc.) if you do not wish to develop your own crossover. Now this way will necessitate multiple amplification channels (f...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 29 March 2006 10:05 «» By: Peter K
Re: Is calculations of L-pads based on "nominal impedance" or Re?
Hi Wayne,Thanks a lot for your reply!Smoothing out the impedance curve is actually the main reason why I want to use L-pads (I will use an active crossover between the bass and the BMS, so level matching is not really necesary, but I may have to level bet...
Pages (50): [ «    14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 07:03:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio