Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 24 September 2006 17:19 «» By: Chris R.
Re: No Longer Sold
The T-Amp I'm thinking of is $30 from PartsExpress (300-952). At least for me,I have the drivers already. They were ~$10 at Radio Shack when theycarried them. The tweeters I'm getting are Dayton neodymium domesfor $5ea. I'll have 2 leftover FE-103's w...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 06 September 2006 22:16 «» By: Marlboro
Jim's dirty little secret..... Help from the master...
"The dirty little secret of line arrays is that the woofer line amplitude response starts rolling off at a frequency that is about 1/2 wavelength spacing center to center. In other words I lied when I said that the crossover could be at one WL spacing in ...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 01 September 2006 08:47 «» By: wunhuanglo
Re: Say Charlie; Have you changed your speaker set-up ?
This spring a guy came over and started listning and talking about DSP.He kind of got to me so I bought the Navigator (http://www.sabine.com/) to replace the Rane MX23 crossover and MQ302 equalizer. The Navigator is a "loudspeaker management system" - cr...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 31 August 2006 08:04 «» By: Martin
Re: Well, see, it's this way....
Dave,I have not heard the Silver Iris but I have now changed the woofers in my Lowther OB system to the Eminence Alpha A15 which has a Qts of about 1.2, I updated my site to reflect this yesterday. I think these Eminence drivers are very close (if not th...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 17 August 2006 18:50 «» By: Renato
Is possible "near field" bass response using only 4 drivers ?
Dears,My english is to bad for write, but I will try.. I read withoutproblem!!!!I already finished this Line Array and the sound is very..very good,fabulous... but, the MID of 4" have a FS at 80hz and the result is abad, bad bass response. http://www.mrw...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 17 July 2006 09:05 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Understanding crossover usage
Here's a good article on active and passive crossovers, explaining the issues of reactive interaction, intermodulation, etc. Active vs. Passive Crossovers
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 14 July 2006 13:35 «» By: Pat OMeara
Understanding crossover usage
I was a stagehand and aspiring soundman years ago (70s & 80s)and observed the virtual abandonment of passive crossovers in favor of active crossovers. When I re-entered the music biz in the 21st century, I was surprised to see most people using 'hybrid' ...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 10 July 2006 15:29 «» By: Jim Griffin
Re: TC Sounds Array components for DIY
SE-Raider,I don't see anything else on the TC Sounds site that references the individual components (midbass and full length ribbon) mentioned on the line array overview. TC Sounds may be an OEM to some other company vs. offereing these parts to the DIY ...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 07 July 2006 09:05 «» By: GarMan
Re: Inductor values for Theater 4 pi crossover (newby question)
Frank,The inductor in series with the woofer is more important than the one that shunts the tweeter because it's in the signal path. Rather than spend money to change the coil in the tweeter network, consider changing or bypassing the caps instead. The ...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 06 July 2006 21:36 «» By: Greggo
Re: And now for something a bit more realistic
Jim,Thanks for the thoughtfull reply. I need to re-read your paper as I thought the line length issues at the frequencies I was thinking would hold up better. Anyways, I certainly have nothing but the utmost respect for the systems both you and Rick hav...
Pages (50): [ «    12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 04:59:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio