Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 01 March 2007 09:11 «» By: hot.rod.audio
Re: Tell Us About the Array you built or are building......
Still evolving but: I'm going minimalist / vintage with it's foundation the old vintage KLH 4.5 inch full range drivers found in the models 14, 19, etc. paper cone, cloth surround, BIG alnico magnet & motor structure. I'm mounting them open baffle on a ...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 26 February 2007 10:04 «» By: Ivor the Engine Driver
Re: Tell Us About the Array you built or are building......
I'm trying to develop a passive XOed version of an active XOed and equalized, open baffle array I built a few winters ago. It uses a 48-inch line of Dayton 3/4 Neo tweets(ND20FB -- the rear mount) and the old PartsExpress NSBs, with two 10-inch Peerless w...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 17 February 2007 11:51 «» By: Wayne Parham
Passive crossover breadboarding
Looks like an interesting way to switch passive components around to make different crossover configurations, similar to breadboarding. What components are in this box and how many configurations does it support? Does it use patch cords for connection o...
4 Forum: Measurement «» Posted on: Thu, 01 February 2007 06:45 «» By: akhilesh
converting active crossover values to passive
Hi everyone,Here is the problem: I have 3 drivers, in a 3-way setup, actively crossed at 24 db slopes. Suppose I calculate the cutoff frequency & slopes using an speaker management device (BBE ds 48 or behriger speakre management or some such thng) and my...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 17 January 2007 09:38 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Active Crossover Design
You can start off with electronics modeling tools like Spice and crossover simulators like the function built-in on LSPCad. Then to check summing, you might want to measure with a system like Speaker Workshop. To make a design that takes into account no...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 16 January 2007 17:43 «» By: SPGEEE07
Active Crossover Design
I am currently involved in a speaker design project in which I am responsible for designing the crossover network. My group has decided to employ an active-filter crossover; the 4th order Linkwitz Riley to negate the issue of off-axis acoustical response...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 18 December 2006 21:36 «» By: Dr Mark Carter
Re: Need help with a center channel
Dear John, I agree with one of the other correspondents, that using the MTM (D'Appolito format), in the horizontal rather than the vertical alignment makes no sense for a center channel speaker. The design of a center channel speaker is a difficult prob...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 08 November 2006 00:07 «» By: Ka7niq
Your Experiences With Constand Directivety Horns
There are several used pairs of CD Horns for sale near me.I am thinking about building a Hi Efficiency speaker around either my Cornwall woofers, or some Altec 421A's.I have a Rane active crossover that provides CD EQ if needed.I have never heard a CD Hor...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 04 October 2006 13:11 «» By: Spinjack
Re: Time Alignment
So, a quarter wavelength in all directions? I knew about the vertical relationship. But does the same hold true for the horizontal relationship (front/back)? Where is most of the sound generated on cone drivers? Its my understanding that dome tweeters gen...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 26 September 2006 16:19 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Five 2226s are here!
I usually mount crossovers to the bottom panel inside; Sometimes, on larger speakers, I mount the crossover to the back panel. If the loudspeaker has several cabinets, I usually make the crossover external, which also allows for an option to run an acti...
Pages (50): [ «    11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 04:12:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio