Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 28 April 2007 19:36 «» By: Anonymous
Re: Line Array Impedance Question
My budget array has a toggle switch to select midwoofer arrayimpedance, low impedance or high impedance. I believe I boughta 15A 4PDT switch, one for the mids, another for the tweeters,per cabinet. If you use a passive crossover, not active, then you need...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 13 April 2007 10:48 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: recommended amplification power
You can drive them with flea-power, 1 watt is just fine. I personally prefer more power, 10 watts minimum, for dynamic range, to handle the transients. Multi-amps are always good, just make sure you have CD EQ for the tweeter. In this case, I suggest a...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 12 April 2007 18:12 «» By: randle
Re: Consequences of non-optimal throat transition in mid and high frequency horns
Can you elaborate on what you mean by an active crossover.
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 03 April 2007 09:16 «» By: Anonymous
Re: ribbon protection with electronic crossover?
Most true ribbon tweeters are delicate, the capacitor is a good idea, butyou should get a high quality capacitor, otherwise I never usedcapacitors in active system to protect tweeters, I use inline fuseswith the tweeter. I start with 3/4A AGC fastblow and...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 03 April 2007 09:16 «» By: Anonymous
Re: ribbon protection with electronic crossover?
Most true ribbon tweeters are delicate, the capacitor is a good idea, butyou should get a high quality capacitor, otherwise I never usedcapacitors in active system to protect tweeters, I use inline fuseswith the tweeter. I start with 3/4A AGC fastblow and...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 20 March 2007 00:37 «» By: Peter Krojgaard
Re: Consequences of non-optimal throat transition in mid and high frequency horns
Hi Cuppa Joe,Thanks a lot for your reply. At the time of writing I use a passive crossover between the BMS mid and the BMS tweeter. Actually I have dampened the tweeter just above 6K as you suggest. I already use an active filter between my bass horns and...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 19 March 2007 19:46 «» By: Cuppa Joe
I know that the BMS 2" coaxials have a little frequency spike just above the crossover point of 6.3kHz with their passive network. You might try an active crossover, if you're not using one already.
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 14 March 2007 20:56 «» By: Cuppa Joe
Re: Horn Depth & Mouth Diffraction
Path length difference is one of the main reasons why I prefer an active crossover for a live SR system. The other two reasons are rolloff slope and ability to apply electronic delay, if necessary. For me, there's no comparison.Given the fact that a hor...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 13 March 2007 20:09 «» By: FredT
Re: Why Are Some Line Array's So Midrangey And Foreward Sounding ?
I've heard several professionally designed line arrays including the Selah Audio XT-8, the GR Research Alpha LS, and Jim's Griffin's DEQX controlled arrays. These all combine high quality drivers with well designed and tested crossovers, or DEQX active ro...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 10 March 2007 21:55 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: stage active
Certainly, active crossovers could be used with good results. Just use CD compensation for the tweeter and you're set. If the crossover is a digital unit with a built-in RTA, you can manipulate the crossover points and slopes for best summing.
Pages (50): [ «    10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 04:40:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio